Allegheny Pyramid Desecrated

by RolRod 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RolRod
    RolRod

Okay ... who did it?

Sometime within the last 2 weeks, someone took a sledgehammer to the Pyramid monument in Allegheny. They stole the topstone, smashed the cross and crown emblem and removed the seal.

Personally I'm surprised it lasted this long untouched. Although through the years Russell's grave has been vandalized, it was always repaired by the Bible Students.

• Thehermit05
    Thehermit05

As much as I disagree with his teachings and what his organization became, I don't see any reason to do things like this.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I agree Hermit ... although this monument is an embarrassing chapter in their history, I'm surprised the GB did not attempt to take it down and make it disappear like so many other embarrassments.

Still I don't approve of this. It's uncalled for.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

That’s awful. I hope the Bible students can repair it and that the perpetrators are caught.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Such specific damage, you would think it has to be someone with a specific grudge.
  • johnamos
    johnamos
    this monument is an embarrassing chapter in their history, I'm surprised the GB did not attempt to take it down and make it disappear like so many other embarrassments.
    Such specific damage, you would think it has to be someone with a specific grudge

I would say that this is their attempt tp take it down...I bet it was an inside job to look like vandalism. Now they can just say that its best to remove it based on it being vandalized, when we know they really want it gone due to embarrassment. Anyway, that is not CTR actually grave marker, he has a head stone at his grave site, so they will use that to justify removal of the pyramid.

IMG_6520.jpg (2448×3264) (thejehovahswitnessthatstolechristmas.com)

• Simon
    Simon

The world is now full of people who just want to destroy everything, who knows if it was even anything todo with JW-ism or just louts looking to smash things up.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It was a time capsule with the society charter and some other memorabilia inside. I thought I remember reading from an 'apostate' source that the stuff was removed at night decades ago but I forget the specifics.

• vienne
  • mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

That is BS. I don't believe in desecrating anyone's grave. I don't think it was right to tear down markers for Nazi graves after the war and anyone's grave ever. No matter what they did. That is personal property not public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit