butter or mayo?

by SpiceItUp 38 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun

bread with meat inbetween without some kind of additional "lubrication" would be horrible in my view!

I must say that I've never found it necessary to butter my bread.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    none of the above...hot mustard!

I'm with you, Badger. Also with you on this one....

Butter also goes on your lover

My favorite sandwich? Wheat bread, turkey breast...lettuce, tomatoe, hot mustard, pickles, swiss cheese, pepper, and hot sauce! yum

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

OK...first I didn't "complain" I merely said FYI---next time you make me a sandwich please ask first as I do not like butter on them. And then it began...

Personally from the responses here it looks as though its really more of a cultural thing. The brits/Canadians seem to prefer butter and the Americans seem to prefer mayo.

Spice of the I should just be pleased that my man makes me sandwiches. :)

LOL...at all those who knew it was Matty that liked the butter. :D

btw--thanks for the responses.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Carol, it's also a northern thing. When I was living in MN I noticed that they always put butter on the bread. Down here in NC they don't even butter their bread when they eat it along with their meal. I myself like buttered bread.

BTW, yes, you should be lucky that Matty offers to make you a sandwich. Most men would say make it yourself. LOL The Brits have are men beat when it comes to helping out. You're lucky girl, hold on tight to that good man you have.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I do not understand the concept of cold, buttered meat. And buttered salami? That's almost like buttered pork rinds! or buttered lard! (Mind you, I love salami.) The only reason butter should contact meat is to keep it from sticking to a hot pan.

Mayo. Preferably with other condiments.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are buttered on the outside before cooking, but they're held together with mustard and chopped garlic.

And why is Miracle Whip so sweet? What a terrible thing to do to mayonnaise!

GentlyFeral

• starfish422
    starfish422

At my favourite deli, they always ask whether I want butter. I usually get it. Mayo goes on turkey, ham & swiss, and occasionally roast beef if I'm also having spicy mustard or horseradish. Otherwise, yellow mustard on ham & cheddar or roast beef.

I don't like Miracle Whip, it's too sweet.

And I liked my grilled cheese dipped in ketchup.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    And I liked my grilled cheese dipped in ketchup.

Me too.

• Soledad
    Soledad

ok maybe it's just where I live, but noone here presumes anything about what I want on a sandwich. I have to specifically tell them--mayo or mustard or butter. otherwise I get a dry sandwich.

I like butter and mayo and mustard, on everything!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I'm thinking it depends on the bread. Breads of substance defenitely get butteres. Softer breads tear to easily would thus be better off mayoed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit