butter or mayo?

by SpiceItUp 38 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

OK Matty and I are having a disagreement (we'll tell you who likes what later after we get some input)...

When you eat a standard sandwich (made with flat white/wheat square bread with lunchmeat) which is a given:

1. that butter would be spread on the bread unlesss otherwise requested.

2 that mayo would be spread on the bread unlesss otherwise requested.

thank you for your opinions :)

• Badger
    Badger

3. none of the above...hot mustard!

• Valis
    Valis

Eh Spicy...I guess its come to this huh? The big questions about compatibility! *LOL*

At home, its mayo, but in a restuarant I like servers to ask me....but really butter on a sandwich? yuck!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

For me it depends on what meat is used to make the sandwich. I like butter on sandwiches made with summer sausage and salami. Miracle whip, not mayo on ham, balogna or Turkey sandwiches.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

And.........I bet it's Matty who prefers butter.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I grew up with butter on ham sandwiches, butter or mustard or mayo on bologna sandwiches, mustard on salami sandwiches, and that was about the range of luncheon meats at my house. We didn't have chicken or ham salad, and I don't like mayo with either of those meats to this day. Mayo went with egg and tuna salad.

HOWEVER, I would say that, in the States, mayo would automatically appear on most sandwiches if a preference were not expressed.

out

• outnfree
    outnfree

And I bet it's Matty who prefers butter, too.

My grandfather (mother's side) was a Dane and bread was automatically buttered, whether as a part of a sandwich or not. Even cheese sandwiches were made with butter.

out

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Parkaaaaaaaay.

• Xena
    Xena

mayo goes on turkey, chicken, tuna and egg salad

mustard goes on ham & roast beef

butter goes on cucumber

it's probably best to just ask first

and I pick matty for the butter too!

• Badger