No Wonder I can't find a job!

by Gretchen956 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Bush Headed Toward Worst Record
    for Job Growth in 58 Years
    (Average Monthly Growth in Employment During Presidency)
    Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

I hope this comes through, if not, could one of you techies help me out???

Gretchen

• Badger
    Badger

"If you want to live like a Republican, vote Democratic." --Harry S. Truman

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Yeah...looks like his dad wasn't much better. Are you sure you didn't make this up, Gretchen???

It CAN'T be true, can it???? It's "propaganda", right???

Oh, no...I forgot. It's ALL because of 9/11......

• rem
    rem
    It's ALL because of 9/11......

Not all of it. The economy went soft well before 9/11 due to the dot.com bust. 9/11 was the icing on the cake. I know because I sat around for a year before trying to keep busy at my job because there just weren't any sales. After 9/11 almost all activity stopped and many of my friends and associates began getting laid off. Also, the economy is quite cyclical, so good times and bad times come and go - though the dot.com bubble certainly amplified both the gain and the corresponding loss. I think it's fair to say that this cycle wasn't exactly typical, and I'm not sure what Bush had to do with it since the downturn started happening before he took office. (market precognition?)

rem

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

There are plenty of jobs available in Mexico, India, and Malaysia. That's where all the U.S. manufacturing jobs have moved to. Why not consider moving to a third world country?

• Ben There
    Ben There

You cannot find a job because you are not looking or not flexible enough to GET a job.....the construction business is begging for either people qualified or people who WANT (that means a desire) to learn....

• bigboi
    bigboi

I don't think it's fair to blame Bush for the economic woes the country is experiencing at present. However, I think the adminstration needs to do more than give a tax cut to the wealthy and play the waiting game. It's obscene to finance a war in Iraq while almost all states have deficits and are forced to cut spending in vital areas like educationa dn healthcare. All this while the government is about to post record deficits.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I didn't post this to "blame" Bush. These numbers are from the U.S. government's own statistics. You can interpret it anyway you want.

My job story: I had a great job, making a lot of money, and I absolutely LOVED it. Then I got laid off. I was out of work for 6 months before I found another one, which is a secretary, pays $13,000 a year less than the one I worked before, and is menial. Yes its a job and I work it every day gladly. But it is not challenging. So every day I also look for a good job that I can use my intellect and that would be challenging (I used to have signature authority and supervise other staff).

So don't make assumptions about me!

Gretchen

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Preach it brother...AMEN!

mobbie

• Undecided
    Undecided

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock ( MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6 A.M. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit