1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

by minimus 132 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

Yeru-----I'm glad everything's back to normal!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I admire someone who sticks by their beliefs no matter what.
  • Xena
    Xena

Yea six....that might sound better as "I admire someone who stands up for what they believe in...but is open to change"

imho that is...but I am sure that is what Big Tex meant...didn't ya???

• minimus
    minimus

How many of you Brits, here, think President Bush is stupid? Anyone???

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think he's stupid. I think he does some stupid things though.

I think he's cold and calculating and misrepresenting the true motives for things which I think is probably worse than being stupid.

• minimus
    minimus

Bush comes across as a regular guy, almost like his father. Those that are in the know, suggest that he is not the sweetest person in the world. He is pretty shrewed. And I think he can be quite stubborn. He believes 100% what he wants to believe and lets his heart lead him. I sense that he will take no crap from anyone, kinda like Reagan. But, I certainly don't think he's stupid. Plus, he's got many "intelligent" handlers.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Bush has a list

and he's checking it twice

He's gonna find out

who's naughty or nice.........

I undertand he actually does have a list of friends and foes. He can be the nicest guy in the world towards his friends and pretty unflexible towards his enemies. But I wonder if that isn't because of the screwup by his father with the "Read My Lips, No New Taxes" comment. That may account for part of his unwavering personality.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

A true leader leads, regardless of popularity, not flop about waiting for polls to follow to maintain popularity and let the country go to pot.

Even with that, many miss the obvious spin of the title of the article this thread is based upon. No one is ever going to please everyone, but if only one third believe him to be stupid, 66%, 2/3, or two out of three don't feel he is stupid. When I took math courses in school, although a long time ago, that was a majority. Majority votes is what wins elections. Focusing on the minority opinion is simply a spin to make it appear worse and try to win fence straddlers over.

And many say the media isn't biased?

• Simon
    Simon

Dakota. Reporting things that the majority don't believe does not make the media biased. Anyway you want to spin it, 33% of people thinking the President is stupid is a high number, especially given that we are supposed to be his greatest supporters. Would you happilly go round telling people that "66% of people don't think you are stupid"? No ... I thought not.

It was a relevant story (what britons think of him) as he was coming over for a very rare and controversial state visit so stop with the "media is biased" balloney.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Simon, you believe reporting only the minority view is fair and balanced? It sounds more like b**s to me.

so stop with the "media is biased" balloney

Your board, your rules. Anything else you don't want mentioned?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit