Do you need Art and Music in your life?

by The Rebel 36 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, thanks for that video ( everybody watch punk perform on his last post)

Now I will ask a " forum" personal question.

How did a guy with so much 70s punk energy, ever give up on all that, to instead sit through all those boring W.T meetings and go door to door ?

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    rebs - How did a guy with so much 70s punk energy, ever give up on all that, to instead sit through all those boring W.T meetings and go door to door ?

I gave in to my authentic persona away from the meetings. I was in my cult persona at meetings. I walked a tightrope between the two. I was torn for many years.....that's why I'm such a mess in my head now.

• DJS
    DJS

My rational self would state that the only things I need are air, water, food and protection from the elements. And girl parts. Having said that, yes, art and music are very important to me. The attached picture is Karma Room, where I start each of my days with coffee and reflection. Karma Room is full of art that brings me quiet and peace.

If not for Karma Room I would likely be a serial killer . . .

Of conspiracy theorists. Just kidding. Rebel, you are growing on me. Sorta like a fungus.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk I don't think your a mess, I think your a kind person with a big heart.

Anyway do you remember Jilted John? ( Gordon is a Moran) he transformed himself in to John Shuttleworth, " I'm up and down like a brides nighty, I'm up then I'm down, and I don't know why"

Of course close examination of that song reveals its all about violent mood swings, and isn't a blue number at all.

More importantly you wrote a book that is helping people who are escaping from the W.T. And you proved my point we all have art INSIDE us. And I think your book is what punk music was about. It's about having the guts not the talent, to bash it down and say sneaky, unprincipled, religious/ business organisations make a great deal of money, and the individual doesn't need follow the system.

Anyway thumps up for your book on Amazon.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Absolutely yes!!!! Music means a lot to me.... The lyrics and words can speak for me or to me, i listen to music that matches my mood or that i want to be my mood.... I love music so much :) I appreciate so many other various art forms as well... I cant imagine life without my heart being spoken too via the arts :)
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

As this thread has hit on the joy of music, who here remembers those happy days when we sang in unison those kingdom melodies....

A) Gaining Jehovers blessing

B) We are Jehovers Witnesses

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Anyway do you remember Jilted John? ( Gordon is a Moran) he transformed himself in to John Shuttleworth, " I'm up and down like a brides nighty, I'm up then I'm down, and I don't know why"

I've got an Austin ambassador Y reg, Y reg, Y reg. Don't keep asking me why, Reg. It just happens to be that year.

Yes. I have 500 bus stops on DVD somewhere. I used to listen to Graham Fellows on Radio shuttleworth. Grand, stuff.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Punk!!! You are a ROCK STAR 🌟

Hope you post more of your music!

Marina

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Iown - Well, I dunno about that. I'm not doing much these days......between bands as it were. I liked to end this song with the Blackadder theme :)

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Absolutely music, yes! Gotta have some on in the back ground all the time. When I am driving I have my Gordon Lightfoot on my mp3. The music, the lyrics, the stories he tells, all very soothing. Some songs I can hear over and over and they always bring tears, like George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today" or Andy Griggs "If Heaven". In that song he says "if heaven were a pie it would be cherry". My dad's favorite pie was cherry and I cannot listen to that part of the song without getting tears in my eyes.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/if-heaven-lyrics-andy-griggs.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit