Do you need Art and Music in your life?

by The Rebel 36 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Music and art have been a big part of my life since I was a little boy, and although I was never able to play a decent guitar, I can paint. My art teacher from college said " I was the most imaginative and constructive pupil she had ever had." I loved that comment, because in translation i realised it meant I had to work harder than other more naturally talented students, but the effort was always worth it.

I have found the real joy in my life comes from music,painting, reading, and watching old t.v westerns that are on you tube.

Do you need music and art in your life?

The Rebel.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    Music = Major part of my and wife's life - on a professional level ! Heavily curtailed during the years in the Cult though ! eg turning down scholarships etc
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Music, absolutely. Keeps me sane, provides an outlet for my creativity, and I can vent and release energy through it.

Eden

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yes. I need both. Even those these days I seem to busy. Most my life I was both a musician and artist. I play and write music and draw and paint. I also consider cooking an art form I enjoy.
  • done4good
    done4good

Yes, both. Music and other types of art are a healthy way of rebooting the mind...I don't play any instrument, (I wish I did), but do write poetry, and draw a level of inspiration through listening and appreciating others' work.

d4g

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Yes, more art than music
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Do you need music and art in your life?

I am an artist and a muso...so, yes! I wrote this song..........which one is me though?

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    A big yes to this - music (and being in education) has really helped me get through the yr :)
  • Heaven
    Heaven

A resounding YES!

There are both artists and musicians in my family. I, too, like EdenOne need music to keep me sane. I also love to draw and love all kinds of different forms of art.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Music-No, I've always loved the sounds heard when all man made sounds disappear. It is wonderful to sit on my patio in the summer and listen to the bees humming in the flowers, birds twittering in trees, squirrels chattering. Human noises physically hurt my ears, they seem to pulsate and it hurts.

Art is another matter, architecture, paintings, interior design, sculptures and such are important to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit