Predictions for the next decade?

by jehovaxx 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

As it’s nearly the new year My prediction over the next decade or so will see the sense of urgency dwindle. Then some huge huge changes. For example by 2034 in a decades time, they will have address the 1914 issue and will come out and say we can’t be dogmatic. Maybe Jesus was appointed king in 1914 but we just don’t know anymore.

They will have to think of something else entirely to keep the sense of urgency but already we are seeing the sense of urgency dwindling.

Young ones just aren’t getting baptised and why would they? Even more so once the new light is released that you don’t need to be faithful now you could come in last minute.

The vaccine changed everything.

For the first time ever in my life congregation members are not afraid to say things like “maybe the Governing body got it wrong when they said it was from Jehovah”

This is a remarkable change from when I was growing up. You could never ever speak against the GB. But now I hear more and more little comments. Like when Steve Lett said babies were little enemies of God. People were saying that was a silly thing to say.

Now I even hear some say things like maybe what we believed about 1914 is not quite right, maybe even is younger ones will grow old in this system. And others who I thought would have issue with what they said actually agreed with them. I had to say “yes the governing body are not inspired or infallible so they may have gotten it all wrong”

I later said to one PIMA person at the gathering that of course the GB will blame Jehvaxx by saying he will see fit to release new light when he thinks the time is right.

• Leathercrop
    Leathercrop

Im 45 years old, in 10 years I'll be 55. Damn, what a strange "place" the org will seem like compared to the 90s when I grew up in it. You don't even have to count time in service anymore, which to me is just the biggest deal ever, and will only be outdone when they scrap 1914. They've basically already done that too.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I dont think they can scrap 1914.

It will be mentioned less,,less,,less & less...

Until it fades away and is forgotten.

Thats why everything is online so the Borg can reinvent itself.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

We've mentioned the 1914 problem in a different topic. I think it will continue to be a problem because they decided to double-down on the 'generations' teaching with that silly overlapping generations explanation. They could have reported on new light that taught them that the generations explanation from Jesus did not have a present-day fulfillment.

It would have been simple and easy to understand, and then they could gauge the reaction of the rank and file and see if they needed to receive any more new light after that. The overlapping generations teaching means that, as more and more years pass, they have to keep wrestling with it. It would have been one thing to say hey, we had the dual-prophetic fulfillment wrong. It's much harder to have to explain why you then came up with that awful explanation.

Between that and the easing of obligations for physical attendance and door-to-door work, I can see them going either way in terms of how many people join or stay. But I have no idea if they will be able to keep enough money coming in to support operations at Ramapo.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I think it's important to note that it's not just the WTBS that is in trouble but organized religion across the board. Attendance is, belief is down, there is infighting in the RC church on a massive scale at the very top of the heirarchy.

When you think about it the hard science era has not been around for very long, giving people rational explanations for the world around them. Religion has been losing ground consistently since we've moved into the modern era and that makes complete sense.

I think the WTBS goes the same way mainstream religions will go over the next 10 years, more and more towards the margin, only a little faster given their end times theology falling apart and not having the deep bench of the mainline faiths.

I could see them being down to half of today's numbers or even less in 10 years and so inconsequential in the big picture as to fall out of the masses' consciousness. Oh yes, those folks, are they still around?

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Maybe the org will come clean and admit the truth - that the "last days" haven't even started yet!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

My prediction for the Borg- Will become an online church. Kingdumb halls will be a thing of the past. Elders will still be around but a smaller role. And so with Pioneers. Conventions will be smaller venues. Alot of use of media and AI. Alot of rules they have now will be relaxed.

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

the watchtower will be more online as the numbers will decline as has happened in christian churches so kingdom halls will start to close and that will make it even more unlikly that new people will start to go to kingdom halls as the distance gets further and further

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

“Between the easing of obligations for physical attendance and door-to-door work, I can see them going either way in terms of how many people join or stay. But I have no idea if they will be able to keep enough money coming in to support operations at Ramapo.”

If the numbers declining are looking so desperate then to make new lite seem more appealing especially to young ones may be a last minute desperate attempt to stop the decline.

Make it easier and more accessible. Drop the direction of shunning and lighten up on stupid old rules. Stop forbidding good education and lighten up on forbidding birthdays

admit the now long dead brother’s were wrong 1914, and these new younger brothers have got some amazing new light that means you don’t have to go to meetings or ministry that much anymore

basically JWlite that we designed on this forum. The new younger GB can learn a lot from us. You can now celebrate birthdays, because this one celebration is hard to explain compared to others.

New JWLITE would slow the decline

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In the period from 1945 to the present JWs have grown and stagnated in the western world against the backdrop of mostly peaceful and prosperous world conditions.

I have a feeling this will not be the case between 2024 and 2034. Whatever growth or decline JWs experience in this decade will be dictated by seismic world events, whether that be political, social and environmental upheaval, world war, or run away technology. JWs could either thrive during a period of immense disorientation, or they could be swept away by the tide of events. In either case I think there will be more important things going on and to worry about as we find ourselves living in the curse of interesting times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit