Non-JW music teacher talks about JW.org

by Watchtower-Free 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

How sad ... as a musician who was discouraged from pursuing advanced musical instruction, I really feel this.

EdenOne

• Room 215
    Room 215

Here's a perfect example of how a typical "worldly" (read "normal" here) non-JW reacts when encountering JW propaganda intended mainly for the initiated.

• RocketQueen
    RocketQueen

I've just followed him on YouTube. He's awesome.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't agree Walter Martin would have wiped the floor with Fred Franz.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I don't agree Walter Martin would have wiped the floor with Fred Franz.

Perhaps, but he does make a good point about JWs avoiding debate. I'm not sure why they do. In the early days of the organization JWs did engage in debating, then stopping at some point. Today it is frowned on. Does anyone know why the change?

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

So Sorry Eden-One - Both my wife and my careers in music were badly mutilated by the same pressures -

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Cock - a -doodle - Do !

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

They can't debate because the ORG has a history now .

They can't defend.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

That was a great video. The calm, reasonable presentation by a nonJW of his observations should be seen by everyone who thinks JWs are harmless. What is the point of these kids, down the road, being denied permission to participate in music at school. So they could knock on a few more doors on Saturday mornings where either no one is home or not interested? How sad. I would imagine there are thousands of teachers, of every subject, all over the world, with similar experiences with JW students.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit