Humourous reactions to beards worn at the kingdom Hall

by UnshackleTheChains 38 Replies latest social humour

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What I think is funny is in the early 80s you couldn't have a beard but a mustache was ok. Well at the same time having a mustache was code in the gay community that you too were gay.

• jambon1
    jambon1

In my local area I note that a lot of the witnesses now have beards. I don't know if I'm imagining it but it seems that way. I am unaware whether or not these individuals qualify for provelidges but I know one beardy-bob who does literature.

The world is full of so many important and pressing matters. Facial hair on a man really isn't up there. Which makes the whole JW religion such a petty, prejudiced, intolerant non entity full of self important, authority crazed, assholes.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"In my local area I note that a lot of the witnesses now have beards." -- jambon1

Here, too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Crazyguy - "... in the early 80s you couldn't have a beard but a mustache was ok."

Probably because the appearance of a mustache seems to instill a measure of authority in the wearer in many authoritarian regimes... for example, it's sometimes encouraged amongst police officers, even in a number of western cultures.

And the WTS is all about male authority.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    I pointed out that Brother Trash Collector, the elder had a mustache, to which they replied that he has always had one, which made it OK. - Stillin

To which my reply would be: So, he was born with it?

or: I now have one too

or: I must have missed where the bible forbids mustaches (or beards). Will you show me the specific scripture?

I was complemented ... By an elder's wife, no less. - vidiot

She may personally like beards, which unfortunately conflicts with the party line. Since it is a conflict, it's surprising she even commented to the positive.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, whether or not they say it, many people, JWs included, like long hair and beards on men. I always got love bombed at the KH.

"Oh, don't cut it! It's so romantic!"

Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Yes, the men, too.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

My response to various comments that I got when starting to grow a beard before I faded, was always: If your God YAWHE has given me a gift as a man, would n´t it be very ungrateful trying every morning to get rid of his gift…..

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    My response to various comments that I got when starting to grow a beard before I faded, was always: If your God YAWHE has given me a gift as a man, would n´t it be very ungrateful trying every morning to get rid of his gift…..

Was this the kind of facial reaction you received when you gave your response bugbear 😁

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

They looked like birds nests in their face

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit