Humourous reactions to beards worn at the kingdom Hall

by UnshackleTheChains 38 Replies latest social humour

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Is this the reaction you get when you walk into a kingdom hall sporting your new beard 🙄

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My experience is (almost) no one says anything openly, but I think beards are sure taken as a "sign" that a JW is "weak" or "rebellious". I see them as an indication that the person is probably of the "conscious class". *

* None of that applies to old Sister Murphy who for years has had a beard that would embarrass most teenage guys if they tried to grow one. (With the exception that no one says anything openly about hers either.)

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    • * None of that applies to old Sister Murphy who for years has had a beard that would embarrass most teenage guys if they tried to grow one. (With the exception that no one says anything openly about hers either.)

That's just too funny doc 😂😂😂😂

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I don't want to hijack this thread, but what happens if someone's investigator happens to sport a beard? What happens then? At some point a serious investigator has to be informed that his neatly-trimmed, stylish beard has to go. But upon whose shoulders does this weighty burden fall? An elder's? The pioneers' who found him going door-to-door?

The person signs up for a FREE Bible study. He shows interest, promise, has a family. Who drops the hammer? And when he brings his family to the local Kingdom Hall, is he love bombed as though he had no beard and, if so, is he given a pass right up to the time he's baptized?

Finally, for you former elders out there, have you ever had to give a bearded investigator the bad news that his prized beard had to go? How did he respond?

• Splash
    Splash

@Cold Steel

This happened at my hall. Someone spent 2 years getting a Bible study up to the point of regular meeting attendance and about to join the Theocratic School.

The bible study asked for a School Guidebook but the elders said "only when you shave your beard".

He never came to another meeting. True story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The bible study asked for a School Guidebook but the elders said "only when you shave your beard".

Who says something good can't come out of wearing a beard? That beard was a true blessing for the guy!

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    DOC:- "old Sister Murphy who for years has had a beard that would embarrass most teenage guys"

Reminds me of one day when I was at the book group. An elderly sister had a very endearing but cheeky child sitting on her knee, having a chit chat.

All of a sudden the young boy looked her right in the face, and in a very stark but mischievous tone, pointed out to the sister that she had a moustache.

One of the few times I was glad I attended the book study.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus has a message to the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rxutAKqbeuc/TY6XxBDP-5I/AAAAAAAAAFc/_qbT2pSiG9M/s1600/Jesus+flipping+the+bird.bmp

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

That reminds me of this Bible study many years ago. She came along to the meetings a couple of times until the presiding overseer spoke about the subject of what sort of things can lead to individuals being disfellowshipped. He then went on to explain that a brother can be disfellowshipped if he were to make friends with a woman and was spending alot of time with her. I remember thinking.... no...no....no. that is just so wrong.

That was the last time I saw that lady

• Splash
    Splash

@Unshackle

Seems the pharisaic rules and egos are more important than Jesus command to make disciples. What did he say about stumbling one of his little ones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit