This one bible passage proves abortions are wrong and honoring Mary is right

by TTWSYF 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

NWT LUKE CHAPT 1

41 Well, as Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the infant in her womb leaped, and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit 42 and loudly cried out: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruitage of your womb! 43 So how is it that this privilege is mine, to have the mother of my Lord come to me?

1] When Mary visited Elizabeth, neither had given birth, yet Mary was already the mother of Jesus and Elizabeth was mother of John the baptist. So according to the bible, you are a mother when you are pregnant, prior to giving birth.

2] While visiting, Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and was with John the baptist, Jesus and Mary but gives honor to Mary specifically by asking how this privilege came to her that Mary would visit her.

Interesting, no?

TTWSYF

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

...What are you trying to prove again?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

...What are you trying to prove again?

This one bible passage proves abortions are wrong and honoring Mary is right

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I mean... who cares what the Bible says? Don't you think we should make our decisions on more than that?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

JP_ Lots of people care what the bible says. Lots of people here have a history of 'living their life according to the bible'. I really don't know why. The bible is a Catholic book that they compiled for use in their liturgy. It was never a guide to Christianity, that came from the teachings of Christ's church. Jesus never said 'live your life according to the scriptures' or 'write down these things for everyone to follow'.

That said, the scriptural passage that I quoted from the NWT does prove that the writer wants you to know that women are mothers at conception and honoring Mary is not wrong. These are BIble verses, not mine.

TTWSYF

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Well, as everyone is accusing everyone else in American, "You are a racist!"

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Interesting, no?

Interesting? no

• Steel
    Steel

I have never really thought of needing the bible in order to hold my prolife views.

I am a father. I have been in the ultrasound room. I know what is going on.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Actually from the point of view of a believer, yes they are interesting and certainly contradicts watchtower's view of Mary.

On a side note I deeply insulted a Catholic workmate once when I quoted that scripture (oft raised by witnesses) when Jesus says to Mary "woman what have I to do with you?". True enough she had never heard of it - because like all religions The Catholic church also cherry picks.

Nevertheless I destroyed our friendship with that one arrogant and thoughtless sentence.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The Bible explicitly sanctions abortion for adultery (Numbers 5:16-31), incorporating a superstitious ritual to determine 'guilt'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit