Watchtower Doctrines JWs most commonly don't believe

by Diogenesister 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The doctrines and teachings are irrelevant to the average witness.

They simply have to do whatever the society tells them that week via the WT or mid week publications.

It is kind of like: "Dont let facts get in the way of your obediance".

Also, "Dont think too much"

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

There is no way it is ok to speak to a disfellowshipped person except with spiritual matters. The flock book saying that is one thing, but there is simply no way in real life that is happening. In fact, its a question of loyalty in severl broadcasts, talks, and magazines since that was written.

So which one is it? What is the play here? Plausible deniability?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'd like to add some more, I'm not sure If I can edit the original post, but the blindingly obvious one is:

*Over-lapping generations*!!

Oral sex between married's and general interference by Watchtower in that department

• waton
    waton

That the end generation is only the anointed.

Most JWs still believe, that the generation that saw the beginning of the end, overlapping or not, will also see the total fulfillment, destruction of goats, paradise for sheep.

Because jws are still stuck on Jesus' words that the generation will not pass away until all these things occur. It has not occurred to them that the anointed will have to pass away long before the end. and the beginning of the millennium.

• Chook
    Chook

That the elders maintain confidentiality , they know the elders wives know everything.

• Searching
    Searching

For a fact I know that my mother does not believe 100% that only JW's will be saved.

Until recently, I know my mom still believed that being gay (or not straight) was a choice and could be changed. However, I believe she now understands (funnily enough since myself and my younger brother have come forward and admitted we are not straight!) that it's not something you decide.

Although she still upholds the "love the sinner, not the sin" it hasn't made her look at me differently, for that I am grateful.

• venus
    venus

I know my close friend who is a long-time Witness who says: 'I simply cannot digest the teaching of no-blood transfusion.'

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@pete, you are right. Before 1975 they did believe it for real and quit hobs and cancel vacations.

Now they have more an attitude of "you never know...".

It's mainly a social structure now.

G.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think a lot of the current JW`s dont believe Armageddon is coming soon , and that is the reason the numbers of the Annointed keep going up.

They seem to reason that if the big "A" doesnt come in their lifetime they will hedge their bets by claiming to be of the annointed class and partake at the Memmorial Celebration.

Also in the years leading up to 1975 JW`s were almost running around the territory placing Mags and dropping off brochures at as many houses that they could .

Their was a real sense of urgency in their field ministry.

Today? Very little to no interest in FS ,no urgency to preach ,they are just going through the motions of being a publisher .

In the 60`s /70`s we had "Let God Be True" "The Truth That Leads To Everlasting Life " "Your Will Be Done " and Babylon The Great Has Fallen Gods Kingdom Rules"

Which had something meaty and relevant/applicable /pertinent to that era...... Now they are obsolete...old lite.

Whereas their are no such publications available and applicable to todays "World Events" to inspire and encourage or motivate the R&F.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Whilst I disagree with those saying that today's dubs are just coasting, I say that today most are unsure what they are supposed to believe. I mean in detail, not concept.

I contend that we on here discuss and are more aware of the revised teachings on prophecies than the congregation are.

My family do not only reject the teaching of mass slaughter of non believers..they deny that the WT teaches it .. they do so since it once printed that God's judgement should not be predicted. Despite the many contrary statements, they prefer that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit