Interesting That in the Regional Convention They Are Asking for More Volunteers to Bethel

by RubaDub 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My nephew was sent back to his home congregation during the COVD shutdown. Maybe it has something to do with his getting married last year too. He's probably 21, no skills.

@wannabe ...

Have you spoken to your niece if he has "no skills?"

• Overrated
    Overrated

I'm glad I never went to Bethell. Just too much bullshit!

• wolverines
    wolverines

I know several people who are in their 50s. I wonder if they are going to be sent home. LOL With nothing but a kick in the arse.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Rubabud - I am glad you are monitoring your health. Make sure you don't put that thermometer in your mouth by accident.

Play your cards right and with skills like yours, they might accept you at Baffle.

Maybe you could make some stools for them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I know several people who are in their 50s. I wonder if they are going to be sent home. LOL With nothing but a kick in the arse.''

Yes. They always want the younger ones to enter the fold. The older one gets, the health risk goes up. It's all about them getting best bang for their buck.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Rubadub ... LOL ... I meant he went right to bethel after graduating homeschooling. 😂. They don't talk to me. I wasn't invited to the wedding (not disfellowshipped), although my wife and daughter were.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They don't talk to me. I wasn't invited to the wedding (not disfellowshipped), although my wife and daughter were.

@wannabefree ...

Maybe they think you are part of the evil slave class, man of lawlessness or have connections to people in Sodom and Gomorrah.

We all wish you the best.

If I were you, I would sleep with one eye open. Angels can quietly slip into your house at night and someone like you will be toast in a matter of seconds. Once you get on their wrong side and they get pissed off, they can be real bastards. We've read about them alot.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I went to work as a volunteer at the WTF's for a week maybe two in the late 1980s. Out of the whole experience, I remember some really rude arrogant jerks from Canada doing plastering who thought their shit didn't stink. I also remember a brother who left his personal business for a week maybe two, assigned to work in the "Sheet Metal Shop" building a Parts Washer. https://www.harborfreight.com/20-gallon-parts-washer-with-pump-60769.html

I was sent to this department to get some other "stuff" but while talking to the temporary Bethelite he was obviously very upset. Perspective: This "Brother" had left a business that at the least made $500k a year and here he was assigned at WTBTS to make a parts washer that cost $200 bucks retail. The Brother's airfare was probably at least $200.00 not including his man-hours of two weeks. You do the numbers.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Younger Equals:

Easier to manipulate because they are young enough that they haven't quite become used to thinking for themselves and or not taking orders/ instructions from older ones.

No perspective on what is taking place today in the JW world as compared to what happened in the past.

More adept to technology

Less prone to health issues and Covid19 complications.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The more younger volunteers with no higher education ,and only the basic home schooled ? education they get can`t be a bad thing can it ? from our point of view.?

We have seen how much dumned down the literature has come over these past decades ,just how low can it go ?

The next few decades should be very interesting ,if they last that long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit