My dad is now a ministerial servant tonight

by Wagurl 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wagurl
    Wagurl

@Leet I also am in waiting limbo I'm 18 soon but I dont graduate until next year. Debating if I want to stay put and save for college or leave the day I'm 18

• Wagurl
    Wagurl

@leeT yeah I'm 18 soon but I don't graduate until next summer so move out when I'm 18 and have to save and pay for everything or wait another year in this religion and save more money? I'm not sure

• Smiles
    Smiles

If it took 18 years after your birth for your father to be recommended as a congregation ministerial servant, he is not the finest witness in the cult, but that also means the congregation elders view your father's household as good exemplary JWs, so apparently you are not suspected as being spiritual weak or unruly.

Your life will not change much now that your father is promoted as a lowly ministerial servant. So as others here have said, just keep doing whatever you were doing, and fake until you make it to your personal freedom, which should be only few more months.

If you plan to stay at home and live under your father's roof for the financial benefits, you may eventually get some pressure if your spirituality slacks. But there are many baptized JW kids living double lives with enough fake spirituality to get by without a hassle from parents and congregation elders, but that is very risky for baptized JW kids. Unbaptized JW kids are untouchable, except for the constant pressure to commit in baptism.

You're at the age now where you can begin to decide how to live your life.

If possible, try to keep a good long-term relationship with your family.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Give him our condolences! He's one step closer to totally checking his brain in at the watchtower door!

just saying!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If you parents are willing to support you while you get further college education, you should absolutely do this. It will be much harder to get education once you need to pay for everything.

Sure, attending the meetings can be difficult, but life will be much harder if you don't have education.

Take it from a guy who left his parent's place at 20 without completing education. I'm 40 now and still regret it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So -- what would you do if you leave your Dad's house?

* will you move in with your "worldly" boyfriend and exchange sex for rent?

* will you seek a glamorous career as a stripper or a streetwalker?

* will you enlist in the military? I often suggest this to GUYS, but I'm not sure that for the average young lady it is a great idea.

* do you have an income stream that would keep you fed and with a roof over your head after your Dad cuts you off? Maybe you bought a winning lottery ticket or a rich Uncle left you a couple million?

THINK about this; maybe talk to a school counselor about your situation. Don't jump from the frying pan into the fire!

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Unless he is giving you crap and forces you out do nothing. Just as long as your family lets you do your own thing.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

* will you enlist in the military? I often suggest this to GUYS, but I'm not sure that for the average young lady it is a great idea.

The last "love of my life" was an officer in the Army. I didn't know that much about military life before she came along, but holy cow! The military has so many benefits! And those benefits last a lifetime. I encourage young people, whether male or female, to at least seriously consider a stint in the military. The military will whip you into shape, teach some discipline, and the recruit will learn some skills (and no, the skills are not all about killing people). My ex has traveled the world and is now in grad school thanks to the US Army. I met many of her female Army friends. I admit it is not for everyone, but it is an option more young folk should explore. As a bonus, when young jw youth go into the military, jw's are aghast.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

frozen2018, I'm glad your love's experience was so positive.

What concerns me are the scandals, like with the Air Force Academy, that show the officers in charge to be unenlightened "good-old-boys" who protect rapists. We haven't yet achieved a "Star Fleet" level of consciousness with some of those halfwits. I want to see both the honorable men and women who serve treated with honor and the criminals in the brig processing big rocks into little rocks.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

My advise, while your living with your father is just play along quietly unopposed until you move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit