I went to see my Dr about the blood card issue

by purrpurr 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

For those banking on the rarity of an accident causing you to be sent unconscious to an emergency room, this just recently happened to my parents.

It's a foolish bet.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

" Thanks. I take care of my own medical issues. Have a great day."

What's so hard about that?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

DATA-DOG "...Anyway, we know that the WTBTS isn't racist because they have one black GB member..."

And a rousing and inspirational speaker he is.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

purrpurr "...She didn't say why she had reached this conclusion..."

Well now. Doesn't that tell us a lot.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

For some reason, point number one appears to have not published correctly. Will try again:

1. If your doctor employs or hires a nurse, assistant or office worker, you should be aware they will have access to your medical records (same things goes for hospitals). If the individual happens to be a JW, and they are aware that you are a JW who does not support the policy, or have used blood products not presently approved for use by Watchtower, they may feel compelled to report you to the elders as they hold divine law to be more important than human laws like HIPPA or the equivalent. Watchtower has previously commented on this issue, and Dr. Muramoto discussed it in one of his articles in the journal of Medical Ethics. All of those articles can be found in the Physicians section of AJWRB.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Diogenesister

Is there any way people could appear to be complying with the borganization's edict to sign it, but really not? Like signing it the wrong way, or having a trusted friend sign your signature and be a witness to the fact that you did not sign it? And have a letter on file in your home stating you did not sign it and were only presenting the pretend document to get the cult off your back? Sign it "Scooby Doo"?

I personally would be very worried that somehow the no blood card would get enforced.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pale emporer I agree with you there is no organizationally sanctioned racism ( not to say there are not individual racists), homophobia is endemic and sexism IS most definitely not only sanctioned but encouraged in all areas of life. Not to see it as such is just perverse.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

For UK members here worried about jw admin staff getting a look at any letter you might write contradicting the blood card you can ask to do what I did. Have the letter put on EKIS in a secret folder that is not open to mere admin staff but only to DR's. This way if there is a jw receptionist for instance, she won't have access to the letter. And if an alert is put on saying in the event of blood being needed to check out the letter in the secret file, well she would have no idea what the letter says and would probably assume it's a copy of the blood card.

That's how it works in the UK at least, I don't know about other countries.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    I have been toying with the idea of once the blood card is signed but before it's photocopied to quickly cross out the "not" part where it says "I have not been under duress to sign this document". Would a ministerial servant whose doing a bunch of photocopying really check every one?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Purr - just don't do anything with the card. The elders will forget about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit