What're Yall Reading?

by Frannie Banannie 75 Replies latest social entertainment

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm reading Dave Barry's "Tricky Business" right now....It's a HOOT!

So...what're yall reading?

Frannie B

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

"Hobo" by Eddy Joe Cotton

"Spy girl" by Amy Gray

"The Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon

"Zeotrope:All Story" Fall Issue 2003

and the second volume of Zoetrope's "best of" anothology

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

your post.......

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

and Thunder's book - Thunder Riders Burden

and lots of others when I have spare time

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    "Hobo" by Eddy Joe Cotton "Spy girl" by Amy Gray "The Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon "Zeotrope:All Story" Fall Issue 2003 and the second volume of Zoetrope's "best of" anothology

LOL, Dustrabbit! All at one time? Are they any good? I'm not familiar with those titles....what're they about?

your post....... and Thunder's book - Thunder Riders Burden

(snickersnort)....CW, Thunder has a book published? What's it about?

Frannie B

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Daviot, a world of magic faces impending destruction by an ancient curse.
    Magic has proved to be their ultimate undoing.
    Prophecy states that none of their own, would be able to stop "The Cracking".
    The hero of prophecy was awaited.

A stranger arrives atop an iron horse, from a blinding light. A stranger to all but the woman Liesh.
    Her dreams have been haunted by this stranger's face for years.
    He is the man to take up the sacred "Sword of Braelor" and save the Davioti from their shortsightedness.
    He is The Thunder Rider.

His past is fog of disjointed memories and illusive images. The only thing real to him is his love for the woman Liesh, for her, he agrees to take up "Braelor's Sword" and make things right.
    A magical stone must be found and restored, to stop their impending doom. The "Stone of Intent", instrumental in causing their plight, the stone was long ago broken in two and hidden away.
    Upon the motorcycle that bears his name, they set out on a quest to retrieve the stone pieces, restore it to its original state and call upon its power in an effort to avert catastrophe.
    Their road is long and difficult. Evil forces behind the scenes, seek to thwart their efforts, forces mortal and immortal.
    The would-be-hero is forced to come to terms with his value system and inborn sense of right and wrong as he counters each and every obstacle that they encounter. He must choose between what he has in the here and now or what he left behind. Choices that will ultimately decide the fate of a world.

----------
    and the address were to order:
    http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-0055.html

curious enough ?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just finished reading Angels and Demons by the same author of The Da Vinci Code, a great book, and have started reading Cry the Beloved Country.

I don't usually read this much unless I am on vacation, but am kind of on a reading kick lately.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A History of Europe and No Man Knows My Name (about Joseph Smith)

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I just finished Under the Banner of Heaven (about fundamentalist Mormons and the LDS in general), Worth the Fighting For by John McCain, and Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them by Al Franken (long plane trip). All excellent. I also read Quicksilver by Neal Stpehenson - not anywhere near as good as his other works, tragically.

I am starting The Power of Now due to a recommendation from others on this board, and I have a stack of ten magazines to get through.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Don't Know Much About History - a concise and eminently readable summation of American history from Columbus to the election of 2000

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit