Circuit Assembly Report

by Hapgood 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Hapgood,

Thanks for the report. I noticed a few amused by the accounts report. You would be even more amused to set in on the meeting with the elders when these decisions are made. However, the deficit is common. The meeting is held Saturday and the accounts report presented to the elders with only a fraction of the anticipated receipts collected at the time. The Assembly Overseer and Accounts Servant for the circuit fund have an idea from experience as to what they expect to come in from the contributions. They present a recommendation for WT donations to the elders, which is almost always passed, and they rely on a couple thousand dollar reserve in case they are wrong. If they are terribly wrong in their estimate, then you get that occasional letter to each congregation asking for a donation to the circuit to cover the deficit for the assembly. It is a strange way to do it. I always suspected they did it that way so the brothers would always feel like they need to give more because it sounds like there is always a deficit for the assembly.

I sympathize with the patience you must have to sit thought that. I used to be one of the big shot elders who always seemed busy during the entire assembly. I was glad to have those assignments, not so much to serve the publishing company but so I had an excuse not to sit down and be tortured for the whole week-end.

Keep up the fine work, Look forward to your successful completion of you next theocratic assignment. Keep taking notes.

Steve

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You'd be surprised what it takes to maintain one of those buildings, much less cool and heat it. I've seen the costs and typically they just prorate based on anticipated attendance at the conventions. There is some provision for accumulating funds for major repairs.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I, too, heard the talk about the UN at our 2-day circuit assembly. I did take notes, but would have to find them. But I do remember being nauseated at the hypocrisy.

I've long noticed the discrepancies in the accounts report. Does anyone here remember when they used to ask the audience to vote on expenditures? That was in the 1950's, maybe early 60's.

The next talk was the one where the CO said not to be overly concerned about health insurance as we would have perfect health in the coming new world so close at hand. He also said not to worry about have sufficient life insurance to protect the family as we would have everlasting life in the coming new order so close at hand. I took notes word for word on that one.

The DO told us that almost every word at the circuit assembly comes from the Society and that there are about 35 pairs of eyes that look over the material (I assume lawyers, proofreaders, etc.) before it comes to us. We can be assured that we are getting Jehovah's thoughts on the matter and not just the thoughts for the speaker.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    the CO said not to be overly concerned about health insurance as we would have perfect health in the coming new world so close at hand. He also said not to worry about have sufficient life insurance to protect the family

The WT leadership is a bunch of greedy SOB's!! So forsake protecting your family. That $100 or $200 every month that you'd pay in premium... why that money should go to their "KINGDOM INTERESTS" instead. Grrrr... I'm so glad not to be part of that cultish religion anymore.

Circuit and district gatherings are merely ways to get the JW's together and collect donations from them so that thousands of dollars (or whatever the local currency is) can be gathered up and offered to Jehovah the Watchtower Corporation. Oh yeah, and also that they can get the proper beatings and whippings at the proper time. That way you can leave the assembly feeling BOTH guilty and poorer. What a privilege!

• zev
    zev

hapgood:

That Assembly Hall must have been payed for long ago, it was built around 1976.

that wouldn't be an assembly hall in massachusetts would it?

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Thanks for sharing this info!

The stuff about the insurance is just pitiful. They are so abusive to the rank and file. Here they are busting their asses to do everything they can and they are still told they cannot plan for the future to take care of themselves. I see it even with my own parents. Mom still works (sick as she is) and if Dad dies (in his 60's now), she will have no real income or life insurance policy even to bury him! What is she supposed to do then? She will not be able to live. Oh yeah...I forgot...she can turn to the elders for help now that she would be a widow...I am sure they will care for all her needs then! NOT!

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

This is so very sad. The Society does not see the forest for the trees, they continue on the same path even when the spiritual legs and arms of publishers are being hacked off. The brothers at Bethel are blind. "Blind guides" as Jesus said.

Many are spiritually dying while the Society churns its presses ever faster. They don't seem to care about the brothers only about keeping the literature flowing to preach the kingdom. I wish Jesus would come soon because when he does the brothers will get quite a shock when he says to them, "get away from me you workers of lawlessness." It was the loving care for the brothers that Jesus emphasized not the preaching work. Certainly if a Christian were to be lacking it would be better to be lacking in the preaching dept. rather than love for brother.

Sabrina

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

WOW. Is that the most current 2 day assembly? I had my SAD about 6 weeks ago and didn't hear anything about the UN.

THAT will perk up my family's ears, they know all about the UN; when I read it last year I just was so shocked and angry I told them all about it.

My elderly mother was so upset I called her and told her it was just a rumor; she is aged and not really able to deal with it or understand it.

But wife and boys know the score about the UN and the sex abuse scandal; they just think it is a few corrupt people. I always say the same thing: yes, but those few are at the top. (Course, the whole thing is bogus, but we haven't gotten that far yet.)

• integ
    integ

My question still stands..; DID THE SPEAKER REALLY SAY THAT STUFF ABOUT THE UN SPECIFICALLY? My reason for placing such importance on this is that it could be key to really seperating 3 of my close relatives from the borg. My Mother was very disturbed by that UN connection and said that it is only a matter of new light from the Society, and the light keeps getting brighter...(blah,blah,blah) and the Society would never talk about the UN being 'bad" ever again in view of this new light. Incidentally, she does'nt buy the library card excuse either, which is a huge step. If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Integ.

• startingover
    startingover

I know from working in the accounts department and preparing the report that is read from the platform, when it is prepared all the expenses are taken out and none of the contributions from the first day are counted. If I remember correctly, the cost of the hall was figured on the number of publishers from the congregations attending. I remember thinking at the time that if a true picture of the accounts was presented the contributions would be lower. It actually made me feel good that they did it that way because then I was sure there would be enough to cover it after guilting everyone. I hated being involved in something that operated in the red.

After spending years as an accounts servant in the congregation, I know that the whole thing is supported by a few. There were always those who made the same contribution by check every month, probably 2 or 3 families, which probably accounted for over half of the needs. The rest came from $5 and $10 here and there, sometimes a $20 and always a bunch of $1's and change. We usually just squeaked by, after all the additional contributions to the society were sent in. It was the same at the assemblies, the society always got a large donation.

What a scam! Ashamed to say I was a part of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit