What does the WTS do with its billions of dollars ?

by fearnotruth22 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Shamus:

You sound like an epefidic fern: If you would only take the time to read carefully instead of blabing senslessly as you always do, you would see my comments through many topics. But I am under no obligation comment or to please you in any way, [deleted]. I hope that your parents take way from you your computer.

• Poztate
    Poztate

WOO -----Shamus Did He,She or It ever tell you off. Be Verrrrrry Carrrreful.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Yeah, take it easy. I don't think Shamus meant any harm. After all, he ended his post with a joke.

Anyway, I guess they save it so they can afford luxuries for the upper JWs, the ones that are lucky enough to go to Bethel. I heard that accomdations there are quite nice, better than the average persons.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Buildings.................................and more buildings.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

fearnotruth,

It's customary on discussion boards to post words strung together in sentences, rather than a blank space.

Now be nice to shamus...we love him/her, okay?

Now the question you ask is very interesting. It certainly is asked by many non-dubs. That's what I find constantly as I move around the country discussing the WTS. Almost the first thing people want to kinow is: "What do they do with all their money?"

As I've indicated earlier, my own internal experience of the WTS leads me to the conclusion that primarily money is invested in buildings. There are other cash-type investments too. The remainder of their income is used in operating expenses, like running costs of branch offices, allowances to full-time workers and so on.

So, a good question.

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

They used to spend all that money on "fine foods" for the assemblies even though they took humungous losses.

We all remember the expensive well made hogies and cheese danishes that you couldn't buy in one of San Francisco's finest deli's? And those delicious burrito's......................they had them they flown from mexico right out of sister rosita's garage. Finest burrito made let me tell ya! That's right......big money went into that food, and the society is still trying to re-coup it's money. I still have one of their donuts.....I use it as an anvil in my garage.

That's where the money goes........food re-couping

Actually....I think Ozzie covered it for the most part.

Gumby

• cat1759
    cat1759

They buy wiring and camera devices. Strategically placed in the bathrooms, bedrooms, recreation rooms, work rooms, offices, so they can keep abreast of the lastest color of panties that are being bought at Victoria's secret on their $25 monthly allowance. If found with an color infraction not listed as white, their pay becomes docked to $12.50 a month to help them realize the error in their way. They keep the listening devices in the bedrooms so they can then write articles stating certain sexual acts are forbidden. Now once in a while a couple will talk about something concerning the bible and soon that becomes an article in newest awake or watchtower. These devices are very expensive and they need to keep up on the latest hardware. Cathy

• gumby
    gumby

cat,

lol........your as wacky as myself!

I always wondered how they knew I was having "nasty" sex.

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They use the money to print more books and magazines and then sell them so they can make more books and magazines and then sell them so they can make more books and magazines and then sell them...

Anyway, I guess they save it so they can afford luxuries for the upper JWs, the ones that are lucky enough to go to Bethel. I heard that accomdations there are quite nice, better than the average persons.

I've been there... the average bethelite basically lives in a shack. You have to work there for several years before you get a room that even has a bathroom... otherwise you have to share a communal bathroom with other people on the same floor as you. If you have been there for five to ten years you might get living quarters with an actual bedroom.

It's the very few bethel-heavies who get the very nice accommodations.

To have the "privilege" of slaving working for them you basically have to give your life to them.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

My guess would be that quite a bit of money is invested in all the branch facilities and other properties around the world. But personally I really don't know.

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit