Whoa--Jessica Lynch Slams Rescue 'Lies'

by ashitaka 41 Replies latest social current

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I was just offering this up for discussion. I think that Jessica Lynch was horribly treated, but she felt used, not because of the reality of her capture, but because the manner it was used in the media. You pick the demon which should be exorcised.....

ash

• freedom96
    freedom96

It will be interesting to hear what her version is. Whatever the case I am sure that it was not pleasant.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe we all have to go buy the book ... or wait for the movie?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I was reading the newspaper this morning and there was a comment in there made by her brother. He said that Jessica is doing great and back up to 100 pounds now. He claimed she weighed 70 pounds when they first saw her after her rescue. She is a tiny girl isn't she?

Who knows what went down. Jessica doesn't even know all that happened. Each man there only saw what was in front of him.

I'm sure the book and the movie will be as flawed as the media accounts.

I have gotten more negative about women being involved so closely with combat troops. We can only be so politicly correct before we get down right stupid. No matter how trained with computers or weapons you are, all too often war comes down to up close fighting. No matter how well I learn karate or kung fu the average guy will kick my butt. Eventually my gun will run out of bullets or jam like Jessicas gun did. Then what? Get down on my knees and pray like she did? That did her a lot of good didn't it?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    I wonder too how much the feminist movement is behind much of what is said as well as the exaggerated attention given her, if any at all?

You have GOT to be kidding!! On what would you base such a preposterous claim? That feminists wanted women to have an equal role in the military? That was taken out of context back in the days trying to pass the Equal Rights Amendment. What was said was, women should be given that choice if that was what they personally wanted.

As for myself and the feminists I know personally, we are all anti-Iraq war. Why? Because none of us bought Bush's lies, half truths, and innuendos about what was going on over there. Because we knew that it would be like poking a stick into a hornets nest. These people are fanatics, religious zealots. We are making martyrs of them. But mostly, we saw that Bush and his cronies stood to make millions on the backs of the taxpayers.

Gee, what part of that did we get wrong?

As for Jessica Lynch, I always wondered what she did that was so heroic except be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The media needed propaganda to feed the war frenzy and she was the perfect symbol. I don't blame her for being pissed off. Too many of our men and women are coming home in bodybags.

When I was a Jehovah's Witness the old boys club, I mean elders, didn't like me because I had opinions, was independent, and (they told me) stubborn. Now I see that its pretty much all fundamentalist religions, that don't like strong women. I just don't understand what the threat is. A lot of the feminists I know are married with families, working just like everyone else to try to live their lives and give their children a good life. As for me, I'm probably your stereotype because I'm a lesbian. But I do not hate men, I have as many men friends as women friends. I just happen to love women.

And I say, Go Jessica, Girl, give 'em hell!!

Gretchen

• wasasister
    wasasister

Is there any real evidence that this woman was raped?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Is there any real evidence that this woman was raped?

ooooh boy.

What would be real enough for you? She has claimed she doesn't remember it but doesn't dispute that she was raped. Since she has been very candid about everything so far I would think she would deny she was raped if she hadn't been raped. There are medical reports that claim she was sodomized.

Questioning her in my mind is about as bad as always questioning any woman that was raped. Kobe didn't need to rape that tramp, he can get laid anytime he wanted.

Oh well, I give up

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

she might get deleted if she's not careful

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Questioning her in my mind is about as bad as always questioning any woman that was raped. Kobe didn't need to rape that tramp, he can get laid anytime he wanted.

Whoah, Stacy. I am NOT questioning her. She never said she was raped. In fact, in some accounts of her own testimony, she denies it.

I asked a simple question...one you have not answered. What evidence exists that there was a rape? Is there forensic evidence, or is this another hysterical account to whip up a frenzy?

Back off from your emotions for one moment and deal with the facts at hand. That's all I'm asking, and I believe it is a reasonable quesiton.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Gretchen, if you'll read the second link I posted above, it gives the outline of how the Army was pushed into lowering their training standards to accomodate women. Compare what happened to Jessica's squad with a Marine squad the next day. The Marines endured stronger training and survived, they weren't captured.

In a combat zone, there is no such thing as a non-combat soldier. Without proper training, what happened to Jessica's squad will happen to any others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit