Whoa--Jessica Lynch Slams Rescue 'Lies'

by ashitaka 41 Replies latest social current

• wasasister
    wasasister

I consider myself a moderate feminist and believe women should receive equal pay for equal work, however....

Lowering standards to accomodate women is not what feminism is about. Women, at this stage of evolving at least, are simply not as physically strong as men. In jobs requiring physical strength, women should be held to the same standards as their male counterparts. Gender, race, age....doesn't matter - I don't believe in bending the rules to make things warm and fuzzy.

But my original question remains the same: I have not yet found anything to prove that Jessica Lynch was raped. She sustained injuries, yes...but does any hard evidence exist of rape or sodomy? Does she herself say she was raped? I'm not saying it isn't true, just that I have not yet been shown anything deffinitive. I'm wide open at this point.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Wasa, I agree with you. If a woman can do my job, she deserves the same pay as I get. Maybe I need to make the distinction between feminism and radical feminsim. It is actually the radical feminist that have wanted and caused training standards to be lowered so more women could qualify.

As for Jessica, I too have been asking why she qualified for a Bronz Star and the others didn't. It appears to me that since she is young and very attractive, she is marketable to the media. All wars have needed PR and it seems she was chosen. As I have stated elsewhere, I don't put all the blame on the military, the media carries a lot of it too.

She says she can't remember if she was raped or not and also that she never fired her weapon, it jammed and she fell to her knees and prayed. Some doctors have said she wasn't raped, others say she was. Regardless, she endured extreme mistreatment at the hands of her Iraqi captors. I wouldn't wish what she went through on anybody.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Granted, she endured much, as have all of our armed forces in Iraq, male and female. As for this:

Regardless, she endured extreme mistreatment at the hands of her Iraqi captors.

I would simply add that some of the Iraqis were not mistreating her. It appears the Iraqi doctors took very good care of her once they had her. Not all Iraqis are animals.

Whether she was raped or not may never be known. To add a sexual assault to this already sensationalized story would seem to be an easy marketing ploy. How better to get people to buy the book? (Witness the extreme expliotation of the Elizabeth Smart story)

IF - IF it is a ploy made up to appeal to the more purient interests of the book-buying public - then it is a slam in the face of every true rape victim. I'm sure Ms. Lynch would not want to be a party to such a thing.

And Stacy, what does Kobe Bryant have to do with this discussion??

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I noticed tonight they broadcast the made for TV movie about her rescue. After Jessica exposing the story as a fraud, I wonder how many people actually watched it?

Will

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Wasa, thats why I said "captors," not the Iraqi people. Let us not forget, it was an Iraqi that ran through the desert to the Americans to let them know she was there.

Currently, the parent's of Sgt. Walters, who was killed in that ambush, are speaking out too about their son being left out of the story. Early reports of her heroism seem to be false, but what about those who fought til killed? To me, they are the real heros. That the media has chosen to ignore them, especially Lori Piestewa, (the Hopi Indian woman who died shortly after the ambush) is obscene.

Another story of the ambush can be found here and who did what;

http://www.military.com/NewContent?file=Defensewatch_100303_Offley

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

For what's its worth, check this reporting.

Http://www.newswithviews.com/Ryter/jon4.htm

Guest 77

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I noticed tonight they broadcast the made for TV movie about her rescue. After Jessica exposing the story as a fraud, I wonder how many people actually watched it?

I believe she said it was hyped and she was used, not it was fraudalent. I watched part of it and frankly, didn't see anything depicting her as a heroine. What all was dramatized and what is closer to truth, we may never know. That she was a POW and was rescued, obviously is fact.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Is there any real evidence that this woman was raped?~~ Wasa

I see no problem with this question whatsoever. According to Jessica she remembers nothing.

I see no reason since other items of this ?rescue? and detainment were exaggerated why not this fact as well? Until she states she has a clear memory of the events as they unfolded I will not believe much of anything I read.

What bothers me most about this entire situation is reports had her shot, returning fire, etc.Much of this has been discounted by her own statements. If this ?fact? (rape) has been made up and or reported wrong by doctors or whoever the powers that be then we have a woman who is being made to try and remember horrific events that never happened. I can?t imagine someone hurting and hating her captors for something they never did. I can?t fathom trying to remember events that may have never happened, or memories being implanted that never occurred.

This entire situation is quite bothersome and mind numbing if you truly think of the ramifications for all parties involved. I truly feel for her as I can't imagine the pain she has already suffered.

My heart and thoughts go out TO ALL those involved in this conflict who have lost their lives and their family members. War is tragic, needs no hype IMO.

Cassi

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Some doctors have said she wasn't raped,

Some Iraqi doctors made this claim, not any others.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

60 Minutes did something the other night, and as usual, I didn't get to watch the entire show. They were enterviewing another guy that was right there when all this went down. He ended up saving lots of lives, including hers; but at the time, he thought she was already dead. He killed a bunch of the enemy all by himself in a very courageous move, and it was the first time he had fired his gun over there. He said the reason why he was in that unit, was because he scored so low in target shooting. Apparently, he overcame that very quickly. He popped them off one by one. He was taken prisoner with the rest.

Jessica was given all the credit, which she wishes not to accept; and he remains quite humble and confused about it all. He said he doesn't blame her because he feels that the information got all mixed up, and even she does not recall her entire ordeal. He wonders why events aren't recorded properly. He was a heroe and is only NOW even being mentioned. This is because it was recorded that he was killed. Go figure. I tend to be quite skeptical. Jessica has been "used" for the propaganda of war. Not only is she a woman, but she is a soldier. Her story makes for good books and movies. Only she knows what happened, and she obviously can't remember it all. A poor little country girl thrown into an uncontrollable situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit