Thank you and........

by What The....... 30 Replies latest jw friends

• What The.......
    What The.......

Dear Board,

I have started this thread about 50 times the last two days, but was unable to post it. I talked with the Elders on Thursday evening and I have decided to stop coming here. I know that I need to do a lot more thinking and if I let the worldly influences that are on these boards influence me I could be truly headed down a bad path.

Don?t get me wrong I don?t think that you here are bad people for the most part. It is just that there are attitudes that I can not or am not ready to confront at this time.

I presented my case to the elders and they have agreed to let me use the library in the hall to research the history of the Witnesses as long as I have a elder there when I do it. I also am going to give them a detailed list of questions and concerns in the next month so that they may help me with it. The only thing that they asked is that I don?t talk to others in the congregation about this and that I stop posting on this board. (yes I told them I was here)

I will tell you this though. I am in no way going to stop studying my Bible. I remain dedicated to the truth of the Bible. If I find that the Watchtower is not really what it says it is then I will make a decision at that time as to what to do.

I feel that this is a decision I have not come to lightly. I Love Jehovah and need to weigh carefully all the decisions that I make regarding my actions.

Lastly, again I would like to thank you all for your warm welcome and the advice that was given. I bid you good-bye for now. Who knows what the future holds maybe I will be back. No matter what, I feel I will be safe in Jehovah?s hands.

What The?..

• blondie
    blondie

If you need any help with your research, I am an inactive JW with the CD and over 40 years experience.--Blondie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

What the.......If you are being honest and truthful on this thread.......then I'll be the first to wish you all the best. Don't let anyone deter you. I still think you are safer in Jehovahs hands. I wish I had your guts.

Take care.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi, What the, whatever you decide, I wish you well. If you decide to come back, I will be one of the first to welcome you.

• shamus
    shamus

I wish you well in your quest. It's okay to go back, just never stop questioning.

Good luck to you, and sorry if I or anyone else offended you.

Brian.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good fortune on your journey, What The...

I firmly believe there is nothing to fear by earnestly searching out the truth for yourself. You may find the WT literature confusing and contradictory, so I would suggest you use the bible as your foundation and build out from there.

• ScoobySnax
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I see some of my favourite posters answering this thread so far What the....... these are the good people on here who are genuine in what they say IMHO. They mean what they say in their wishes, as I do too. I hope I get this in before someone awful posts...LOL

Take care, and like was said above......ALWAYS keep asking, never take anything at face value.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    It is just that there are attitudes that I can not or am not ready to confront at this time.

I appreciate your honesty and I think there are many that can relate to you when they were at the same point in their journey. If and when you are ready, you know where you can go for some honest answers.

Take care

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It is just that there are attitudes that I can not or am not ready to confront at this time.

As with all things, each according to their own talents and in their own timetable. It took me 15 years to decide. I prefer to think of my self as methodical ... not slow.

At any rate, as you read this site, chose for yourself that which fits you best and leave the rest.

Be well,

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit