After 22 years I've found my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by tyydyy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Tim,

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful thing to happen! And, what a good person you are for keeping on the search... your persistance paid off! Congrats! Keep us posted. A few goosebumps here and there are good for the soul......

• nilfun
    nilfun

Great news, Tyydyy and Blueblades!

• bebu
    bebu

Yours (and Blueblade's) news is the best news I've read in a long time! What goosebumps!

I'm sure that your brother is very grateful to you for being so persistent in looking for him!

Congratulations!!!!

bebu

• Prisca
    Prisca

What a cool thread!!!

So happy for you Tim that you finally found your brother. You have sooooo much to catch up on.

Now excuse me, I have something in my eye....

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Blueblades,

Sorry to hear about your brother dieing, but I am equally happy to hear about your other news.

Tyydyy,

Wow! What a story! I hope you tell us more. Especially when the two of you meet.

If only the Dubs knew exactly what they are doing to each other with the whole Disfellowshipping thing.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Congratulations, Tim! I just recently was reunited with my aunt after 25 years. She too was DF'd and no one knew where she was. She found me through an internet search. We just met again face to face after 25 years, this past August.

• freein89
    freein89

Tim,

I am so happy for you, I just thrive on happy endings. Won't it be fun to share this website and for him to see the cheering section you both have!! I wish I could be there to see the great reunion you will have. Hugs and tears of joy.

Deb

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Another update:

We've spent several hours talking this weekend. Don has talked to our sister (Brooke) and our brother (Rodney). He told me today: "You just have no idea how much I missed you guys" I said .........."Oh......I think I do" He has no record of his life before 20. No family pictures or personal items. We've all been getting pictures together and emailing them to him. I just saw pictures of Don, his wife and his 3 sons tonight. The more we talked about old times the more we realized what we were missing. Age has taken it's toll on all of us and yet the connection is still there. The beauty is.............I believe it's there to stay. It's the first time I remember the two of us telling each other ...I love you.

You see, Don and I are not blood brothers. He was adopted at age 2, just a few months after I was born. Yet our connection is based on love and understanding. Uncondtional love that comes with getting to know someone well and believing that they are there for you just as much as you are there for them without having to say so. Understanding the thoughts of each other because we share a common background and know where we are going. We are all grateful for the chance to be a family again.

Tim

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TIM))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm soooo happy for you!! OMG How WONDERFUL for you and your brothers and sisters. Thank you for sharing w/ us here on the board. I sent you a PM. HUGS

Michele

• outnfree
    outnfree

This is so great, Tim!

I wish you and Don and your families much happiness as you renew old ties and bask in one another's love.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit