After 22 years I've found my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by tyydyy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

My brother went to bethel as a teenager and was disfellowshipped and sent home. He tried to toe the line and after 6 months the local congregation recommended reinstatement. Bethel didn't like that idea. The said it hadn't been long enough. He gave up after that and my father pretty much disowned him. He disappeared shortly thereafter. We received a birth announcement about a year later and that was the last I'd heard of him.

My sister just started working for a lawyers office and they use a very good Private Investigating firm. I gave her what information I still had in my head and in a few minutes we had a phone number and address in Michigan. I called and got an answering machine. I didn't leave a message. What would I say? I called a few minutes ago and talked to his son. I could barely speak and I didn't know what to say. I left my number and told him that I was his father's brother and I'd been looking for him for a long time. He promised to give him the message.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm not sure what reaction I'm going to get. I did although know that I would get some valuable input from my friends here and I consider you all my friends.

TimB

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Oh my god! That would be so cool and nerve-wracking at the same time. I can't even imagine being seperated from sister for that many years...!

I hope all goes well for you...please keep us updated!

• DJ
    DJ

Oh wow......Tim, that is quite a story and wonderful news! I hope that he has healed from his pain caused by wt policies and lies. It's so sad to hear how your dad treated him. Is your dad still a jw? I'm am so excited for you and your sister. I'm sorry that I am not offering any good advice. Gosh....just give him lots and lots of love!

• Xena
    Xena

Geez you posted this BEFORE you called ME????? Pick up the damn phone

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This is great news Tim! I remember you posting about this quite a while ago. I'm happy for you.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Great news. Hope this turns out really well for you and your brother. Really well. j

• outnfree
    outnfree

How fabulous!

Where is your brother, exactly in Michigan? (You can PM me, of course.) If he's anywhere close to SE Michigan and might like interacting with people who understand what he's been through, our little band of apostates would be happy to oblige.

I guess you can ask him AFTER y'all do some catching up!

outnfree

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tim I know how you feel or know how I felt

One of my brothers was missing for 25 years. We didn't know if he was dead or alive. Those years were terrible. The not knowing was especially hard. It was impossible to give up hope and impossible to mourn. We were caught in a no-man's land and it was painful. I missed him dearly.

He was eventually found in another country and came back to Canada. We are still thousands of miles apart but we have talked and I hope to get together with him soon. The best thing is knowing he is alive.

I truly hope it goes well for you and your brother. Best wishes to both of you on reconnecting and getting to know each other again

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow, how exciting to find your brother after so long. I am sure when he contacts you or you call again, the two of you will have a heartwarming talk. I don't even know you and I feel all teary eyed and happy for you! May this only be the beginning of many happy moments to come!

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Congrats ! Im just getting to know my 18 year old half sister , my mom went into hiding shortly after she became a dub and i never really knew my dad . and im at a total loss as to any kind of advise to give ......just be sure to let him know that you care . I wish ya luck !

P.S. Just dont be too hard on yourself .....that was my mistake , he will be as uncomfortable as you im sure..

NwS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit