Watchtower Motion to Dismiss - DENIED

by jst2laws 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    I did mention the WT attorney's tone of voice conveyed sympathy for the church victims.

Yes I've seen the Watchtower crocodile tears flowing in the courtroom too. Makes you wish you'd brought an airline sickbag.

Expatbrit

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Is the WT using JW lawyers or did they get some out-worlders?

• Simon
    Simon
    How are those two boys? And the beautiful and patient wife?

They are great ... still going through all the little toys we bought them while we were away and still eating halloween candy (hey, I'm helping them!). Liam couldn't wait to get back on his XBox .

Perhaps they would not be facing countless lawsuits if they had taken a more Christ-like aproach to their past harmful policies.

Exactly. But then if they had been more Christ-like, they would probably have a lot fewer followers. Think about it ... without the shunning, just how many people would have already left?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Lee,

Is the WT using JW lawyers or did they get some out-worlders?
    What the heck are "out-worlders"? Literally, that could be interepreted as aliens.

Yeah, I could see your reasoning for that.......attorneys are known as that & Other Reptiles. As to the WT? It's my understanding that for this past motion - they used one of their top in-house lawyers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

out-worlders = outsiders + worldly + slugs

(not to put down slugs)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Metatron,

Will this be a jury trial? or decided by a judge?

I understand they have requested a jury trial.

LadyLee,

They hired a Nashville lawyer for assistance but the "lead" attorney was a top dog from Bethel.

Jst2

• rocketman
    rocketman

Very interesting quote posted - they indeed feel that they can harm congregation members without repercussions.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ditto on the congrats to the Andersons! Thanks for the update jst2.

"What is great is that this case now goes to discovery which opens up big cans of ugly worms." Ooooh boy, would I love to be a fly on the wall during the depositions, and the typist who gets to type up the questions and answers for the Interrogatories -- on BOTH sides. ;-)

Say, is the entire plaintiffs' complaint online anywhere? I'd love to read it.

GRITS
    (3 strikes and I'm out trying to end the bold/italics after the quote)

• cat1759
    cat1759

Thank you for posting Jst2lw!!!! Using this case as ammo for my mother and need as much as I can get for a hard knock true and faithful down to the last dime witness. My case didn't open her eyes but with the quotes and what is going on in this case and the one in Canada I might have a chance for her to finally see the truth. Much appreciation. Cathy

• metatron
    metatron

Jury trial? In a Tennesee court room? WITH SOUTHERN BORN AGAIN BAPTISTS ON THE JURY?

I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit