Bologna sandwiches...

by DanTheMan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

if you have a crock-pot,there is a million things you can do with it.....

you can through in a small roast the night before you go to bed....cook it on low all night.....before you go to work in the morning, have some veggies cut up the night before and through them all in it...make sure they are of med size...not to big or small.....potatoes are the first that should go in..maybe some carrots,chuncks of onions,broccil,cauliflower and when you get home through some canned corn or peas in...makes a ausome stew and can be reheated.....I always put a gravy base in like oxo cubes or something to give it flavor....If you like it thick, when you get home put some corn startch or flour in it...you will have to let it cook for a while longer though....buy a loaf of fresh bread,you know the one that you slice yourself.....it goes great with the stew...something to clean the bowl with as well.....

morty

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Dan,

Ground turkey is great, and freezes well, I like to have several diff kinds of meat on hand in the freezer. If you have a microwave it's so simple to defrost.

Also Tortillas are great in the freezer you can just take it out kinds smack the pack, take out as many as you need and throw the rest back in the freezer. To heat them up the simplest way is to place one damp paper towel under and one over your stack and nuk them for about a min or less. The damp paper towel keeps them moist and they turn out great. Way faster then in the oven or on the stove.

shake n bake ideas are nice too. You can buy them already made or get some breadcrumbs, and dump in a bit of seasoning, coat the chicken (or other meat) and bake or put it in a frying pan. This tastes great. I usually do some with Italian seasonings, sometimes I cut the chicken up to bite size pieces, so you have your own nuggets, or you can put them in a salad or on some pasta.

if you buy the 'refried beans w/green chili's' (low fat or reg) you can have a burrito in no time. Heat that up and put it in a tortilla with some cheese and yummmmy.

Or make a simple huevos rancheros (sp?) 1/2 tortillas on a plate, cover in beans (any kind you like, ok not green beans ;) ) add two eggs any style you like, add salsa and voila it's simple and it tastes really good.

Ok here's a simple and delicious recipe for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches

1-2 lbs cooked pork cut into 2 inch cubes (or just cut it up and cook it)
    1-1/2 cup bbq sauce
    2-3 tbls Apple Cider Vinegar
    water to cover meat

Add all ingredients together in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 50+ minutes, until pork pulls away. Use your fingers or 2 forks. Remove meat when it?s tender and reduce sauce (turn the heat up, stir occasionally until sauce thickens up). Then either add the meat back to the pot or our pour some sauce over meat and serve on bread/roll whatever.

Ven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit