The Return of Rush Limbaugh

by RubaDub 33 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Have I ever made a comment directed at you, Dakota? Is there anything I have done to piss you off besides take positions different from yours and discuss them on this board?

Excuse me? Does not a discussion cover 2 sides? Is only your side permitted and if I present another view, I hate you or am pissed off at you? Sorry, maybe you wish to think that, but far from it. I don't know you, have never met you and quite frankly, could care less what you believe. That's your business entirely.

Unlike past accusations leveled at me, I do not desire to silence opposing views, but to discuss opposing views. Seems to me, we that are not of the Politically Correct mindset are the ones getting silenced around here. I have seen very few from the left viewpoint being silenced, only being able to think of one and that was for what I perceived as extrememly hateful postings to all, for many months. I do not have, never have had and do not desire power to silence anyone, but only desire a discussion of opposing views. I may not always succeed, but do strive to keep them in an adult manner. Believe it or not, us right winged conspirators are human too, barely.

If 2 sides cannot discuss opposing views, what is the use of discussion at all? If they deginerate into name calling and denigrating each other, then the discussion should be halted as it is no longer a discussion, in my opinion.

Presenting an opposing view is not attempting to silence anyone. Allowing only one view is. Disagreeing with you and showing another view of your own is not being "pissed" at you, but simply showing another view. Last I heard here, the word "dissension" keeps coming up as something good and noble. Is dissension only permitted from the left towards the right? Is there no place to meet in the middle?

• willy_think
    willy_think

Every time i heard that guy talk i thought to my self "What's this guy high, he is out of tuch with reality"? Now at least i can know that he was high and out of tuch.

I'm sick to death of Junkys talking bull shit to get money to get high.

Rush the junky is no exception.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Dakota, I was not referring to your posting the story - I was interpreting your intro blurb to it as directed at me. If you're saying it's not directed at me, then I misunderstood and I apologize. I didn't say anything against posting other views...I try to post objective stories, as I have pointed out.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Phantom, my opening statement about the left above was intended as a broad statement, primarily at who wrote the original story you posted. My apologies if it seemed directed at you. Rush Limbaugh is not a popular person with those of the left, even though he enjoys the single largest audience in the US currently, on radio. I myself don't agree with everything he says.

However, like him or hate him, to publish articles as the one you presented I see as sensationalism by the media. Had they dug a little bit instead of just printing allegations, they would have seen there was really nothing to the story.

I have noticed for several years now that when mainstream media takes a disliking to someone, any and everything they can find will be all over the front pages. If someone they like, the stories and allegations are reserved for further back or just glossed over with minimal coverage. I don't know if you remember the Reagan years, but everytime Reagan made a speech, it seemed to have been followed by Sam Donaldson telling us what he really said and meant, as if the audience couldn't decipher it for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit