The Return of Rush Limbaugh

by RubaDub 33 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Although I have said Rush isn't my personal favorite, please remember, he wasn't using illicit drugs for fun or escaping reality. That is what he was discussing in the quotes provided. He was using prescription medications for severe back pain. From there, his addiction grew.

You may not see a difference, but I sure do. If nothing else, maybe he will realize the dangers we all face when we decide to self medicate ourselves and spread that message to the nation.

• JT
    JT
    I would be estatic if he just became a "compassionate conservative". I don't need him to change sides - I'd just like for him to stop being an asshole

agreeed

someone mentioned THROWING STONES well i agree , the problem is this poster fails to realize that is WHAT RUSH DID

yes drugs are bad and yet there could be issues in a persons life BE IT HEALTH, DEPRESSION, FAMILY that impact a person into seeking relief of any kind, be it legal or illegal=

the problem is --your problem my not be --my problem- yet to dog me because of my problem and then expect compassion and understanding when you have a problem is called being a "Hypocrite"

it reminds me of WT- when other religions screw up on dogmas-- it is due to being demonic, under the influence of statan, a false religion

when wt screws up on dogma "WE- B- IMPERFECT"

AND I see that same basic mindset with those who are dye in the wool supporters of Rush

personally i think the man hits many issues square on the head, and then on other issues he is out in left field, i think Jesse hits many issues square on the head, but on other issue he too is standing out in left field with Rush-

i find it most surprising how fomer jw after being led by the nose that ALL IS GOOD FROM WT would then turn around and pick up a new mantle to carry and declare THAT NOW ALL IS GOOD FROM RUSH OR JESSE

why not commend where deserved and hold their feet to the fire where deserved

hey maybe it's just me

• rekless
    rekless

Thirty days detox isn't long enough to do anything. From now on it will be a day by day affair for him to keep clean. If he has chronic unbarable pain then he will have a fight daily for the rest of his life. That is sentence enough. I am sure he won't lose his his attitude, "with half his brain tied behind my back" you have seen where the other half has been. You really have to listen to his program a long time to over come his hautiness. I couldn't stand him for the first six months. Then like he said to one person, "just give your self six months of listening to my program and you will start to see what I'm saying." I never understood the roll of government until I listen to his show.I did realize that most liberals are tunnel visioned. That most liberal views are tied in with what the Gov. can give me or my group, and it is all based on taxation. I appreciate his show and he has helped my thought process. It may not be correct, but at lease I am thinking outside the line now.

• freedom96
    freedom96

If James Carville would go at a debate with Hannity, Carville would look like the idiot he portrays. When talking to Carville, one cannot get a word in edgewise. He will not do an actual debate. He just yells. Funny to think he is married to a republican.

I love talk radio, and I like Bill O Rilley the best, then Hannity. I used to enjoy Rush more in the past, but he sounds the same day in and day out.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I am not defending Carville's style, but let's not make Hannity look like a principled debater when he hires a lapdog like Colmes as a sidekick who just is trained when not to talk. They're both assholes.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Maybe he'll support the legalization of non-addictive drugs, having realized the dangers of his hard-line intolerant stance.

That would be nice. I'm a libertarian, and that's my viewpoint.

CZAR

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Dakota, I'm going to disagree with you here.

Rush absolutely was using drugs to escape from reality.

The reality was (according to his statements) that his back hurt. That's still an escape, especially the way he was using them (we are not talking morphine addicts back from the Great War here). Many others have other painful areas of their life that they end up using drugs to escape from - this was the same thing exactly. His escape may have been from a particular health issue (if I didn't neccesarily buy it for Chevy Chase and others, I won't give Rush a free pass), but avoiding pain is avoiding pain - it never works, but we as a species still try it.

Will he stand up and make amends, and actually live a 12-step program? I doubt it. Unfortunately, with the lengths he was going to, it may take the full brunt of a 12-step program to manage that kind of voracious need.

• lastcall
    lastcall
    Guess all of us who never had problems can throw rocks.

Rush has made his living doing just that for the past 14 years. That is why it is hard to have much sympathy for him. I wish this man the best as a fellow human being who has a problem, buthe gets little sympathy because he gave so little.

Maybe he'll learn a lesson and loose the arrogant, insensitive attitude he has had toward others.

I never understood the roll of government until I listen to his show.I did realize that most liberals are tunnel visioned. That most liberal views are tied in with what the Gov. can give me or my group, and it is all based on taxation. I appreciate his show and he has helped my thought process. It may not be correct, but at lease I am thinking outside the line now.

If you have learned what the roll of gov. is from RL then you should understand that you have learned from an idealog with an agenda. Consider truly "thinking out side of the line" and think for yourself. I would suggest getting your info from a wider variety of sources. Also becareful that you consider a variety of viewpoints.

This nation was founded as a liberal democracy where people exchange ideas and views in a free society where anyone can get involved in government. It is unfortunate that some people have hijacked the word liberal as something that is negative. Sad will be the day when we stop being and thinking liberally.

Liberal: BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms.

marked by generosity : OPENHANDED <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal>

I did realize that most liberals are tunnel visioned

Another meaning of liberal::

a person who is liberal: as a : one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways b capitalized : a member or supporter of a liberal political party c : an advocate or adherent of liberalism especially in individual rights

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

well-said, LS

• Phantom Stranger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit