The Return of Rush Limbaugh

by RubaDub 33 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Coming to a radio near you, The Return of Rush Limbaugh.

For those of us missing our daily fix (opps, better not use that word anymore) of Rush Limbaugh, it was announced on his show Thursday that he will be sober enough to return to the air on Monday the 17th of November.

I'm buying my popcorn now and want to get a good seat.

***** Rub a Dub

• Badger
    Badger

sorry...had to beat Swickley and Dakota Red to this thread...

• wednesday
    wednesday

hey, i listen to Rush everyday, he is a cool guy. Not the first person to struggle with pain killers.

Guess all of us who never had problems can throw rocks.

• Badger
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I still prefer Sean Hannity.

It will be good to see Rush back, I only hope his arrogance is gone and he can speak his message with a little more humility.

Badger,

• Badger
    Badger

Hannity is ok...I'm not a conservative, but he seems more sincere...

I just wish they'd get a real lib to go up against him on their show (Joe Conason, James Carville)

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

But that would defeat the purpose of Hannity and Liberal to Be Determined... Alan Colmes is a spinal donor.

I hope Rush joins Bill Bennett and Newt as "hypocrites who marginalized themselves - next on Behind the Right...".

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be
    convicted and they ought to be sent up."
    -- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

"It's kind of like sentencing. A lot of people say that we have a heavy sentence for this crime and a light sentence for another crime, and what we ought to do is reduce the heavy sentence so it's more in line with the other. Wrong. In most cases we ought to increase the light sentence and make it compatible with the heavy sentence, and be serious about punishment because we are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country."

• jws
    jws

Imagine if his experience and rehab changes his perspective on things. Maybe he realizes that being on that his high moral soap box cannot even be enforced on himself, much less others. Maybe he develops more understanding and compassion and becomes a die-hard liberal.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I would be estatic if he just became a "compassionate conservative". I don't need him to change sides - I'd just like for him to stop being an asshole.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I've never much cared for Rush although I share many of his political views. But I'll have to tune in his show on the 17th to hear what he has to say. I wonder if Swickley will tune it in or just whine about it?

My guess is Swick will cut and paste something from the NYTimes so she'll know what to think.

Oh my bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit