Salt or Sweet ?

by morty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Damnit Shamus,

How am I ever going to enjoy a movie again? Now if and when I ever go to a movie, all I am going to be listening for is popcorn munching. With a friend like you...

• Undecided
    Undecided

When I was a kid my dad was the projectionist at the theater and we went to the movies several times a week, didn't cost us anything to watch the movies. Popcorn was a dime and drinks a nickle. After the movie there was popcorn all over the floor and rats were there to, sometimes during the movie they would run by your feet, they loved popcorn too.

The owner would occasionally sit in the balcony during the day with a 22 rifle and shoot rats down in the main floor. The movies didn't start untill 7 PM in those days.

There was a western movie every Friday night, Gene Autry, Lone ranger, Roy Rodgers etc. Those were the days.........

Ken P.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Undecided,

That sounds like the worst Movie Theatre ever. But then again, shooting rats with a 22 sounds fun.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I love something salty.

Definately popcorn.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I'd rather have popcuorn than sweets. Even at home, I like chips with a movie rather than ice cream. The only time I wanted ice cream was when I was pregnant and then it just had to be a banana split with all the gooey fun stuff.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember making you a banana split when you were pg!

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I dont like popcorn that much i ususly go for the candy, but last time i had popcorn!Clappy

~*!ChimChim-Waffle-Tush!*~

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ohmy gawd, Shamus, you are my twin. The minute I hear someone munching on popcorn I am distracted for the whole movie. I am a bad movie goer. I don't want to hear people's bad chewing habits. I feel like slappin them all and yelling "Didn't yo mamma teach you to close your mouth when you were chewin? I don't wanna hear that smackin, and crunchin' goddamnit." The key to popcorn eatin is: you get the popcorn, grab a handfull, and then put it in your mouth and let it melt a bit, THEN you eat it. I hate bad eaters. I was raised a good eater. You don't talk with your mouth full, and you DEFINITELY don't make sounds when you eat and are in public. My husband wasn't raised in the same school. He eats his popcorn and nacho chips with gusto. Oh.. also.. he chews his ice! Makes lots of noise. Typicaly Texan.

CG

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That is what is wonderful about Margarritas - salt AND sweet and sour and alcohol -- what a drink -- wish I was having one now -- drink a few of these whilst watching a movie -- bliss

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    That is what is wonderful about Margarritas - salt AND sweet and sour and alcohol

uuuugh having flashbacks of halloween uuuuuuuuuuugh where is my sick bag........lol, one of us got a margarita with sugar instead of salt around the rim. blech!! the salt is the best part!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit