What was the first "Bad" CD/Record/Tape you ever bought?

by ColdRedRain 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell. When my dad overheard the lyrics to "Paradise by the Dash Board Lights", I was grounded for life. I was 15 at the time.

Love, Scully

• wednesday
    wednesday

Scully, my friend, u love Meat Loaf too? I met him-what a guy!!

Actually, during the 70's was my country music period(outlaw country) and i believe the baddest song i had was "up against the wall redneck mother" jerry jeff walker. kick Arse.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Was that me sns who asked you what you were listening to? I don't like hip hop, but that has nothing to do with JW beliefs.

no SimpleSally.. it was Michael.

I know you don't like hip hop either which is why I don't play it when you come to visit.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not sure I can remember. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor? I think hubby's was "School's Out" by Alice Cooper - he sure got a rocket off his mom! LOL! The collection we have amassed since our teens would make some JWs' faint.

• jws
    jws

I remember the first album my mom bought us kids was AC/DC's Dirty Deeds album when my brother and I were in about 6th or 7th grade. It was actually at my brother's request. She had no clue what it was and we didn't know all the songs either. We had to turn some of those songs WAY down low to listen to them.

• professor
    professor

Motley Crue : Shout at the Devil. I can't even imagine what would have happened to me if I got caught with it!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I believe it was a 12 inch 45 by Tom Robinson, with the song: "Listen To The Radio", back in late 1983.

That song....haunted me continually, and it was around the time, I was leaving the Dubs.

When Toronto's CFNY 102.1 really was: "The Spirit of Radio" (not any longer, let me tell you).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit