What was the first "Bad" CD/Record/Tape you ever bought?

by ColdRedRain 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I was looking on the thread on music when I just thought to ask that question.

For me, it was Gwar's Violence Has Arrived. I remember loving that band so much when I first heard of them to the point where I downloaded everything they had, from album MP3's to rare bootlegs. I was going to buy that album while I was hanging out with my dubbie cousins at the CD store, but they saw me buying the CD and were going to report it to my elders, all because they found offense to the lead singer's lengthy fake male appendage. What made that so ironic is that one of them bought a CD by Brittney Spears, who is twice the offender as Gwar's lead singer, if you know what I mean. And for you older people who do not know who in the world Gwar is, here's a link. www.gwar.net

• Mulan
    Mulan

Probably all the Christmas CD's I bought last year.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Pink Floyd's "Collection of Great Dance Songs"

Featured "One of the Days" and "Sheep", both of which have scary voices saying weird and demonic stuff!

Ooh, Ooh! And Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

And I am the proud owner of "Magic Carpet Ride" and "Born to be Wild", which had the distinction of being specifically named at a Circuit Assembly by the CO as questionable songs. Of course, this was in 1993, so that spiritual food was about 20 years too late, but hey! Showed what a close ear to pop culture the old farts have...

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Kingdom Melodies ...?

ESTEE

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

>And I am the proud owner of "Magic Carpet Ride" and "Born to be Wild", which had the distinction of being specifically named at a Circuit Assembly by the CO as questionable songs. Of course, this was in 1993, so that spiritual food was about 20 years too late, but hey! Showed what a close ear to pop culture the old farts have...

LOL, I know what you're talking about. Even today, they still print articles warning about the "New Morality" that has permeated our society. Until I was 21, I didn't know that the term "New Morality" was from the 1920's!

• anglise
    anglise

Same as Mulan but I think I started the year before.

Went to an out of town shopping centre though as I was less likely to meet any dubs. Silly or what.

Anglise

• luna
    luna

Nine Inch Nails- Pretty Hate Machine. Freshman Year.

• rocketman
    rocketman

You mean they were saying that Magic Carpet Ride and Born To be Wild Were "questionable"? There's not enough eye-rolling emotos in the world to describe how silly that is. But again, why am I not surprised?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Black Magic Woman -- The Original Fleetwood Mac -- then Stairway to Heaven --Led Zep

• minimus
    minimus

"BAD" by Michael Jackson......No seriously, You Sexy MF'er by Prince, Head by Prince, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl by 10 Years After.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit