Your opinion of...

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Stacey,

I'm not sure if you included me as "one of the guys" in your comments. Don't get me wrong, I think "cheating" is wrong, although I think the "wrongness" is quite dependent on context.

Bradley

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    I'll stick to how this topic was put into context at the outset, that is, someone who cheats repeatedly.

yes, with multiple partners even, for thrills. We are not talking about a loveless marriage with no sex for 5 years and no love, and falling for a co-worker or a friend because of real feelings. We are talking about repeatedly committing selfish actions just to "get your rocks off." Picking up random women at bars, whatever... then going home to your mate and holding them at night and kissing them when they leave for work. It is just plain wrong. There is no way to justify it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Mr. Moe,

I couldn't agree more. Wanna shag?

Bradley --

whose kidding, of course

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I've been married, and I've been cheated on. I think this qualifies me as a person who knows what they are talking about. Liars - DISGUST me, Cheaters are even worse.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

lol @ Bradley

• jwbot
    jwbot

"I like JWbot's posts, too. "

YAY!

And now, the moment we have all been waiting for....my opinion (just kidding)

In all seriousness, every situation is diferent...sometimes we think we can be commited to one person, and then we grow a little, and then we find another person that fits the ideal better...But at that point, they should (In my opinion) break up, because if you cheat, you are still lying to yourself and your mate about the status of the relationship. You might give them an STD, or you OBVIOUSLY have different goals, you OWE your mate the oporitunity to let THEM make up their own mind...do they want to move on? Do they want monogomy? Do they want an open relationship? What do you want? WHY would someone want to continue on with someone else when they clearly do not have the same end goals? It is living a lie. That is why I left the Org. I was thinking one thing...and doing another...same with cheating in a relationship. Get out, don't be a hipocrate, grow a spine and move on...

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

great post; i totally agree, jwbot.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I do know myself well enough that I'm certain I won't stay in an abusive relationship. I only spent a brief period of time in one, very brief.

This explains A LOT. You have yet to become seriously involved with someone, and spend a good deal of time with them. When you've lived with someone and had an engagement broken off and you learn from the whole experience, you begin to see dating and relationships a lot differently.

It's incredibly stressful when the one you marry leaves you, and leaves you with all the bills they helped jack up. You have yet to experience something like this, and I hope you never have to go through it.

• Badger
    Badger

I never cheated on the wife while together, but started looking about 6-8 months after she left. I would ask a girl out (very unsucessfully) even tough I was technically still married.

six months after I moved away (while still looking, on my first fade attempt and still technically married) she called an confessed that she had been sleeping around.

I don't blame her at all (in fact, I'm a little glad she did...I look like the guy who was right all along), but I was a little dissapointed...no matter how little you think of a person and what they've done to you emotinally, I did invest lot of time and effort in all areas while we were together (and even a good amount after she had left), so it did sting to imagine her with another man...even though I was actively seeking the company of another woman.

hypocritcal, no? and that's my pet peeve....

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    This explains A LOT. You have yet to become seriously involved with someone, and spend a good deal of time with them. When you've lived with someone and had an engagement broken off and you learn from the whole experience, you begin to see dating and relationships a lot differently.

It's incredibly stressful when the one you marry leaves you, and leaves you with all the bills they helped jack up. You have yet to experience something like this, and I hope you never have to go through it.

i agree with all of this. i don't see it as justification for cheating on someone, but i agree with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit