Your opinion of...

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Moe,

I don't know if a philandering mate is immature necessarily. Are they selfish and irresponsible? I think so.

Telling on someone is very risky. Many times the messenger gets shot so to speak. Might be better to arrange for the cheater to get caught redhanded than to tell the innocent mate. And it would depend on the circumstances, too. Like you said, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that cause someone to go outside the marriage for love, comfort, friendship and sometimes sex. Many times the offender has been driven away by the "innocent mate" and even told to go find another.

A wise man once said: Let he that thinks he is standing pray he doesn't fall.

Never say never. You don't know where your life is going to take you or what you will face or how you will feel about it. How many times have you had to eat your words?

Jim,

What about the West Indian women? They just put up with their husbands philandering and didn't do it themselves? I don't know about you, but I tire of hearing that men aren't wired to be monogamous. Some men would like us to believe all men are wired to have multiple partners. This would exuse their behavior, right? Sorry, but it's a cop out. It's a way of saying:" I want my cake and icecream, too and it's okay because afterall, I'm a man and men are wired that way."

I wonder how long that kind of idea would last if the tables were turned. What if we were constantly hearing that women are just not wired to be faitful and monogamous? Don't be too hard on your wife, she's just wired that way. She can't help it, poor little dear. She's just controlled by her vagina and ovaries and helpless under their spell. This kind of thinking could be dangerous, no? Other women might hear they are wired that way, excuse themselves from self control and then start hunting sexual variety en masse. Why is it men are mostly excused for this behavior? Boys will be boys afterall. Why is it not okay for women to be ruled by their pelvic nether regions?

Heather

• slipnslidemaster
  • MrMoe
    MrMoe

Aww Slippy... per my first post:

FYI, I am not talking about falling in love with a single person while stuck in a dead end marriage. That strangely can be different, esp when that person is being denied sex, and staying together for the kids. I know, double standard, but ah well. What I am addressing is not falling in love, but rather, having random sex with multiple people, placing your marriage partner at high risk for disease.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Monogamy is bullshit. I don't like it and don't see why I shouldn't be able to have sex for fun.

My wife has nothing to do with it - whether or not she is good enough... I like sex.

Selfish? I think it is just as selfish for her to demand me to be monogamous simply to satisfy her own insecurities.

CZAR

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Open marriage is not cheating. Although I seriously doubt people in an open marriage are "in love"

I SO do not udnerstand open relationships, but... whatever *throws up*

• gumby
    gumby

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you".

I still think this applies in a marriage........as well in other things in life......

Gumby

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Cheaters PI*S me off to no end .. they are weak, sad, tragic people that don't deserve to be given the time of day. Make no mistake .. if you cheat you deserve NO SYMPATHY !!

Show some balls .. if your not happy in a relationship speak to your partner, you owe it to them.

monk3y

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

M0nk3y has the right idea.

if your not happy in a relationship speak to your partner, you owe it to them.

Not every relationship will work for both people involved. Before you decide to start bumping uglies with some one else. have the decency to end your current relationship.

I find it odd how many women will greatfully accept the role of mistress, second place in a man's life.

I find it disgusting that a man would use a woman like that.

Thunder

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I try my best not to judge - but if I had a partner who kept on cheating I would definitely leave them -- I do regard faithfullness highly.

• freedom96
    freedom96

A happy marriage partner should not be finding themselves in situations that would jeopordize their personal relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit