Your opinion of...

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'll stick to how this topic was put into context at the outset, that is, someone who cheats repeatedly.

It's wrong. There doesn't appear to be any reasonable justification for that.

On the other hand, if a person is in a totally loveless, abusive relationship and they are put in a situation where emotions are running high and they commit an act of adultury, can I say that they are just "horrible" people -- to the point, as "monkey" said of "not being given the time of day"? I can't say so.

Situations are different. People, thoughts and emotions are different. Give me an example in context and then we can make a judgement of the action and not the person.

All the same, adultury or "cheating" is not the efficacious route to take for anyone. I believe that a very high percent of the time, it is very wrong.

Tink: There is something to be said for idealism. I don't fault you and I don't think you are "ignorant."

Bradley

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

thanks bradley.

ultimately i agree with stacy wholeheartedly:

What I'm seeing in this thread, from some of the guys, is justifications. That's fine. You guys would hate a relationship with me

FlyingHighNow...i have sent you a PM....and this time i actually MEANT to send it to you, lol...oops...sorry about that...i'd do the blushy face right here if my emoticons worked

• logansrun
    logansrun

How can anyone argue with a bright soul like this:

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

hehe...do we really want to go down THAT road again, bradley? :-P

• Aztec
    Aztec

Abusive=cheating?

Hopefully I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't cheat. I do know myself well enough that I'm certain I won't stay in an abusive relationship. I only spent a brief period of time in one, very brief.

Not the same thing! Each situation is unto itself a unique situation. That is all. I dislike judgmentalism in general. No worries Stacy, this comment was not directed towards you. It was directed towards anyone who would prematurely judge others for their behaviour without knowing the back story.

~Aztec

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

So if Tink were an ugly skank you'd be willing to argue?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    So if Tink were an ugly skank you'd be willing to argue?

well, yeah!! lol, i think his comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, stace ;)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Stacey,

No.

Bradley

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

stacey, don't you know there's always something to be said about a magnificent phenotype??

;) just kidding

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Aztec I knew you didn't direct that towards me. I'm just goofin a bit. I believe the thread originally talked about someone who continues to cheat on their spouse. It's a continuing process. That would be pretty hard to justify. A person like that is garbage in my book. A real lowlife. Scum of the earth! I might go so far as to call someone like that a dirtbag piece of crap. Who knows, I just might

But I do see a lot of justifying going on from the guys. If I were dating a guy that talked about all these different justifications why he cheated on his last girlfriend I think I'd be a bit wary wouldn't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit