"'Cause breakin up is hard to do...sha na na na na na..."

by logansrun 38 Replies latest social relationships

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

If you are breking up with her, but still want to be on good terms and you still respect her, be honest about why you don't think it's right, and stay away from justifying it! For you, Brad, I'll say that again :) DO NOT JUSTIFY IT. Simply be clear about what you want. "I think you want this in a relationship, and I know I want that in a relationship, so it's best for us to part as friends and go find who we're meant to be with". (I don't care if you beleive in fate or not, Brad, say it JUST LIKE THAT...) No reasoning needs to be involved - this is 100% about what you want!

In situations that have deteriorated and a good outcome is impossible, I always liked John Malkovich's line in Dangerous Liasons: "It's beyond my control." <Repeat>

As with many things, it's less important how you do it and more important that you do it without dilly-dallying when you are clear that it's the right thing to do.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Xena haven't you ever had a guy break up with you like that? I have a couple of times. I just wanted to scream at them to grow some balls.

In fact with the newbie BF I've already told him that there are two ways to break up with me. Either be honest or die.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

listen to phantom stranger, bradley. that's the best advice i've heard in a long time.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

aw, shucks, tink, you say taht cause you've never asked me for stock tips...:)

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

tink

i think the best adviced you've heard lately is lay off the tequilla, dark angel <lmao>

mel

• smack
    smack

tell her you are gay

Steve

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

lol @ phantom :P

oh haha mel. yeah mr. "pop your wings" was a friggin genius, wasn't he?

hey bradley, get that chick smashed and introduce her to a mormon bartender that gives mad discounts on tequila shots. you might find out she's more fun than you initially thought :P

• logansrun
    logansrun

Thanks for the suggestions peeps.

Tink....I thought you didn't drink? Change your mind? If yes, that's fabulous. My chances of taking you out on a date have just increased ten-fold.

Phantom....you are now officially my guru and I am your paduan learner.

Bradley

"'Cuz the times they are a-changing...." -- Bob Dylan

• Panda
    Panda

Bradley, I agree with phantom. Don't make justifications and reasons why, tell her you don't feel that your relationship is what you want. Simple, good bye.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

So don't leave us hanging, Grasshopper...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit