"'Cause breakin up is hard to do...sha na na na na na..."

by logansrun 38 Replies latest social relationships

• logansrun
    logansrun

Ladies and Gents:

How do you end a relationship with someone kindly and efficaciously? Limit your answers to relationships with someone you have been seeing for under 3 months.

Bradley

PS -- Don't ask!

• morty
    morty

The dreeded....." I just want to be friends with ya"..corny I know, but it has always worked for me

mortons68

• logansrun
    logansrun

Morton:

I see you are a woman. Perhaps women can use that line -- perhaps they mean it. Now, I'm a man. Big difference.

Bradley

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'm reminded of a line Jack Nicholson's character said in "As Good As It Gets" --

(when asked how he can write like a woman in his novels) : "I think of a man and get rid of reason and accountability."

I've been reminded of this lately in a large way.

That's all I'll say.

Bradley

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Ouch, you're gonna get crucified for that comment Bradley.

As to your dilemma... it seems to me that straightforward and honest is best. Call her up, ask to talk to her in person, and tell her "I don't think we should see each other anymore because..." But maybe someone more experienced has other suggestions. The only thing I can say from my experience is that trying to remain friends is not generally a good idea. Doesn't mean you have to be enemies... just try and stay out of each other's way.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bradley, I broke up with my last guy by email. It seems a little cold, doesn't it? Well, I had made up my mind and didn't want to discuss it with him for fear that he would try to get me to change my mind. I told him directly what the problem was, that I didn't want to date him anymore and I asked him not to contact me in the future. I was counting on his maturity level to cause him to honor my request. He did, btw.

Good luck. Life is too short to be unhappily mated.

R

• flower
    flower

you could try .....i dunno...telling her how you actually feel.

crazy concept I know

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well I appreciate a guy wants to know a good way to break up instead of the easy way. The easy way is to stop answering your phone and pretend you never met them.

You know her better than I do. I would suggest honesty. Maybe tell her in person. Maybe on the phone. For me I'd prefer a brief meeting during the day for such an unplesant event.

• Xena
    Xena
    The easy way is to stop answering your phone and pretend you never met them.

Geez Stacy now I feel bad that was what I was going to suggest he do

But since you killed my desire for that I will go with another option. Tell her you're gay.

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

can you just sit her down and have an honest (yet short) talk and tell her how you feel?

melissa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit