Obsessed with sex?

by Momofmany 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I have a legitimate question. Not knowing where to go, maybe you all could answer me. Are witnesses obsessed with sex? The new book out, Learn from the Great Teacher, is to be for children. Yet I find some of the wording inappropriate for children. The man studying with my 13 yo son, told him about masturbation and bestiality. Now I don't ever remember learning this as a child in another church. Why is there so much info about what you can and cannot do?

If I am posting this in the wrong place, sorry. Delete it if I am way off topic.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I forgot to add, I canceled my son's study after that. He never told me he would talk to my son about that, and I would have never allowed him too. I was furious about it. His elder knows, but I guess it is ok to talk to children like that. Just not in my house.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I am not JW. When I started looking into JW culture that was one of the first things I noticed. I was really surprised. Certainly, at least some of the very few JWs I know in real life are extremely interested in and judgmental about other people's sexual behaviour. JWs are extremely obsessed with sex.

When I read the "Young People Ask" book, I was really surprised how much of it has to do with making normal sexual behavior and feelings appear bad and unhealthy. No wonder JWs get so warped and guilty about normal things.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

By the way, from one Mom to another, welcome to the board.

• Badger
    Badger

Another explanation is how children are treated...like little adults. They are encouraged to take stances that no normal child should even think of, to pay attention and comment at meetings like adults, and to behave and be as responsible as adults...That includes knowing everything to the letter about doctrine. Even if...ESPECIALLY if...it will give the kids nightmares.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Additionally, kids are fed lots of "information" to make the world outside the WTS look evil and scary. Deters them from leaving later. Getting them to think of sex as dirty helps keep the kids from having sex of any kind when they get older... because they leave after that - a lot.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Concerned Moma, Thanks for replying and the welcome. :-)

Badger, Why would anyone want to give give kids nighmares? Unless they are sick people. Jesus loved the children. *sigh* I have learned a lot in the last 3 months, I mean, I can see that they do that. It just isn't right.

Phantom Stranger, I remember my mom saying the Catholic Church said give us a child until they are 7, and they will never leave. Same philosophy huh?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Another explanation is how children are treated...like little adults.

This is all counterbalanced, however, by the fact that the adults are treated like children by the leadership.

• Badger
    Badger
    Badger, Why would anyone want to give give kids nighmares? Unless they are sick people.

I believe rhetorical scientists would call this a "You-just-answered-you-own-question" response.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'd just like to add that, yes, I am obsessed with sex.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit