NEW 2003 Worldwide Service Report

by Joker10 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

For all those curious, here's a look at the new 2003 Report.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been growing, but not a whole lot. A peak of 6,429,351 publishers reported preaching in 235 lands. The average number of publishers was of 6,184,046, a 2.2% increase from last year. In the countries where the work is banned or restricted, they saw an 8.4% increase. The growth in the United States was of 2% (peak: 1,029,652 in the continental States). Russia and Australia experienced a growth. Also, the Cayman Islands' growth was remakable: 195 publishers, 595 at the Memorial, and 2 Congregations. Canada's and Great Britain's growth was flat. (A peak of 110,192 in Canada.)

Baptisms were slightly down to some 259,000. Mexico had 8% of the total; and Brazil had 32,140, or more than 12% of it. Baptisms in the U.S. were slighlty higher.

16,097,622 people attended the JW Memorial in April, a 3.2% increase. The top 3 countries with the highest figures were: United States with 2,273,856, Mexico with 1,738,387, and Brazil with 1,563,790. Three-Quarters of a million people were in attendance in the countries of the former Soviet Union (Russia had 282,433). 187,418 were present in Canada, or over 3,700 more. There were 8,565 Partakers, down from 8,760, or 195 less than the 2002 year.

The average number of Pioneers increased by 3.3% to 825,185. The United States didn't see any growth in this area.

Almost every country saw an increase in Bible Studies. From last year, tens of thousands more in the United States, and 10,000 in the UK. As expected, Bible studies rose to 5,726,509 (up 7.9%).

And they all gathered in 95,919 Congregations , or 1,319 more than last year. (Canada had 1,335, or 5 less.)

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Would you happen to know the numbers for Canada (particularly baptisms)?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I just did a very rough calculation, but if it's correct, the 2.2% increase would have numbered in the neighborhood of 132,000. And with 259,000 baptized, that leaves roughly 127,000 unaccounted for. (I'm using the average number of pubs here) If you go by the peak pubs, the number of anaccounted dubs is even greater.

It's a freakin revolving door.

Simon's gonna need a bigger server.

Walter

• Celia
    Celia

What are the numbers for France ?

• willyloman
    willyloman

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch (that's knickers in twist for you Brits), remember:

1. These are "averages"

2. These are their own numbers, unaudited (see "field service reports, accuracy of")

3. The WTS has been on a campaign to inflate these numbers for two years now

The anecdotal evidence from the field is to the contrary, at least in THIS field (U.S.)...

In our congo, there was serious talk of a split less than two years ago. Sunday meeting attendance was hovering around 180 or so. Now attendance moves in a range between 120-140 on Sunday. There's no talk of a split. Interestingly, the number of cards in the file is about the same as it was 18 months ago. People just aren't coming. JWs maintain meeting attendance figures, but they don't publish them in the WT.

• metatron
    metatron

Ahem!

What ever publisher numbers they print, let the universe know that I AM A FAKE PUBLISHER.

I (and others) are very proud of this status - it gives us the ability to know that their figures are wrong.

metatron

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

What are the stats for SLOVENIA???

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

metatron,

So how many hours did you fake publish? Inquiring minds want to know?

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

The Witness organization may have grown last year, but their gain of market share (in other words their piece of the pie) is insignificant.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am also on the FAKERS LIST and I know personally of 4 others in my area that are fakers. So, tthe 2% increase means nothing.

wannaexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit