"SCHOLAR" and UNFINISHED BUSINESS

by Gamaliel 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You all know my own sentiments on this "issue", but just a reminder of posting requirements that our posts should not contain:

Insulting, threatening or provoking language

Regards to all, Ozzie

• setfreefinally
  • Farkel
    Farkel

alan,

I found this quote from "scholar" rather interesting:

Quote:

: : I simply do not trust anything you say as you and your cronies have only one agenda and that is to destroy Chistian values and truth leaving nothing to sustain spirituality in those who love Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

We have to break this crap down into little craps to understand what is being said here:

First "little crap" statement from a "real(tm)" scholar of whatever:

: I simply do not trust anything you say ..

Of course, this is not an argument but a pathetic statement of this fool's credentials: "I'm a scholar, and as such, I'm supposed to search for facts in all the rubble, "but I simply do not trust anything you say."

Even if it is true, **********?

The next post will deal with your sillyness. You do like your foolish sillyness, don't you?

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

Scholar

destroy ... truth

Not likely. Truth is well nigh indestructable. Sure, it can be suppressed for times. People with huge stakes have reason to do this. Others are willing to let the chips fall where they may. You could compare a board such as this to a threshing floor, where falsehood and pomposity are stripped off, though sometimes the remaining kernels are quite small.

SS

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Words that "scholar" uses in discussing the society, Brown and his own work:

position, stated, agreed, correct, mistaken, supported, academic assignments, vigour

Words used in discussing Penton, Johnsson and any who disagree with the above:

bankrupt, blunder, unsatisfactory, worthless, proclaimed research, nonsense, gross misrepresentation, deceitful (as opposed to mistaken on the part of the society), not to be trusted, cronies, agenda.

"Scholar" has learned much from years of reading the society's publications: when you have no facts on your side, use inflammatory speech and attack your opponents. The sad thing for scholar is that here NO ONE is fooled by the use of WT language.

• scholar
    scholar

JONSSON'S HISTORICAL BLUNDER

Much rubbish has been posted by Alan F regarding the claim made by Jonsson respecting Brown and the 'times' and the Society's view of the matter as published in the Proclaimer's book. As I have said before I will reply in kind To Alan F's sarcastic and fearful rejoinder. Yes, I have written to Franz and Jonsson about the matter and I repeat that they igored the specifics points that I made to them. My permission to have such private letters made public was not sought from me and I view such treatment as unChristian and cowardly. I have given the details regarding this matter so as other readers can consult the relevant information and not be misled by those who have denied Christ. It is up to the readers themselves to make their mind as regards to the integrity of Jonsson's scholarship which when seen against the misuse of modern history is in my view reprehensible. It is only sycophants that allow themselves to be used by those who wish to promote deceit and error under the guise of so-called scholarship.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• simwitness
    simwitness

Scholar: Please succinctly state your SPECIFIC points that you claim others are ignoring. Also, You're loaded and accusational language is not helping your case.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Scholar, your attempts at a response are sad and self-parodying. I sensed no fear in AlanF's post. I would like to take your arguments seriously, but you aren't playing by the same rules as others in this debate. You do not respond to and address any specific questions posed to you. It seems you are deflecting attention away from what you actually said in private correspondance with others by whining (and yes it comes off that way) that those conversations were for private consumption.

I have a simple and straightforward question for you: Will you admit to the lie you have been caught in? I (and dozens of other thread readers) cannot be bothered to read another word of your hard work that you apparently put into your posts if you won't be honest with us as we can read in plain view how you have tripped yourself up. Is this one battle over some long-dead Adventist's comments and the Society's misinterpretation of his writings so pivotal to your belief in 1914 and the FDS, that it would completely shatter your faith if you admitted they were indeed wrong?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Scholar-liar lied once again:

: Much rubbish has been posted by Alan F regarding the claim made by Jonsson respecting Brown and the 'times' and the Society's view of the matter as published in the Proclaimer's book.

Liars always view the truth as rubbish.

: As I have said before I will reply in kind To Alan F's sarcastic and fearful rejoinder.

Sarcastic? Of course. You deserve that and a lot more. Fearful? Hardly. I have nothing but contempt for you and your kind, and not a milligram of fear.

Given your total lack of specifics up to this point, no reader thinks you'll deliver. You have only empty bluster to offer, and what bluster you've offered is demonstrably based on lies.

: Yes, I have written to Franz and Jonsson about the matter and I repeat that they igored the specifics points that I made to them.

Liar. Their replies that I posted prove that they dealt with all of your "specific points". But we've seen what you mean by "specific points". Things like "their replies were unsatisfactory". Claiming that that's specific proves that you're a sham scholar at best and a liar at worst.

: My permission to have such private letters made public was not sought from me

It was not needed. If I write you a letter, it's my property and I can do as I please with it. Franz and Jonsson gave me specific permission to make their replies public.

: and I view such treatment as unChristian and cowardly.

Liars always resort to such statements when their lies are made public.

You now have the opportunity to actually put up specifics by publicly posting the full text of your emails and communications to Franz and Jonsson. Naturally I will verify the content with them. If you're being truthful, you have nothing to fear from this. If you refuse, then all readers will know that you know that you're telling deliberate lies.

: I have given the details regarding this matter

Nonsense. Generic bluster is not "details".

: so as other readers can consult the relevant information

If you actually manage to post specifics, readers will certainly see what you're all about.

: and not be misled by those who have denied Christ.

Franz and Jonsson and Penton are strong Christians. Yet another lying smear tactic by one without morals.

: It is up to the readers themselves to make their mind as regards to the integrity of Jonsson's scholarship which when seen against the misuse of modern history is in my view reprehensible.

Readers have already seen how you ignore the textual material that disproves your claims, so your statement is ludicrous.

: It is only sycophants that allow themselves to be used by those who wish to promote deceit and error under the guise of so-called scholarship.

True enough. That's a good explanation of how Mommy uses sycophantic, sham "scholars" like you to fool its ignorant followers.

AlanF

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    and not be misled by those who have denied Christ.

I also reject such a statement.

In the correspondence I have from Ray Franz, I would certainly see his christian beliefs.

For myself, it was because of believing in the true role of Christ and questioning this whilst at Bethel that I now can understand the real truth. For Scholar to refer to those who reject his point of view as having denied Christ is the opposite of the truth.......but then that's what the WTS does, doesn't it?

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?" - 1 Corinthians 1:20 (NIV)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit