Everyone in CA ok??

by flower 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

The sky is orange-grey and I just heard on the news that the three fires surrounding me may become one huge fire. I'm getting ready to evacuate. I'm surprised that I still have electricity.

It looks like Dante's Inferno outside...the smoke is awful.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((Windchaser)))))))))

I'm getting ready to evacuate. I'm surprised that I still have electricity.

It looks like Dante's Inferno outside...the smoke is awful.

Please be safe! Let us know okay!

BTW it's good to hear from you, don't be such a stranger.........you've been missed!

Kate

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

We, in Rancho Cucamonga are out of the clear now it seems. Friday into Saturday was the worst of it. I left work Friday morning early. We were eventually evacuated. Though the smoke was so thick I couldnt see anything. We drove back in yesterday and realized that the flames got as close as half a block away. Though I am happy to report that no structures, except for a garage were lost in our immediate vacinity.

Saturday night our friend who lives near San Bernadino was evacuated and he's been staying with us at my friend's parent's house. He lives on the second block in a 4 block neighborhood. All the houses behind him burned, and the house above him burned. He lost a tree in the front yard and backyard and they nearly drained his pool of water. Though I am happy to report his house was sparred.

Saturday night the Santa Ana winds moved the fire from Northern Alta Loma, which is the city next door to us, all the way to Claremont and Upland, about 10-15 miles away in a matter of about 15 minutes. I again had friends evacuated and the fire missed them by a matter of one block.

The Grand Prix fire, which is the one we were involved in, has now moved west to Laverne, about 20 miles from where it started. The winds have been blowing west and have cleared a lot of the air up from us. But in Southern California there are currently fires raging out of control in the San Bernadino/Devore area, the Laverne/Azusa area, Simi Valley, Crestline, Camp Pendleton, and San Diego. There are hundreds of homes being lost.

Please Please Keep us in your thoughts. The nightmare is just begining for many who probably thought they had nothing to worry about.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

(((((windchaser)))))0 I hope all is well for you.

REM do you remember where in Rancho Cucamonga your friend lives? I can probably tell you if tehy were effected or not

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Windchaser,

Dear me, I hope you get out ok and don't forget to take the computer with you so we know you're ok!

((((((((((WINDCHASER!!))))))))

Yiz

• Special K
    Special K

Sorry things are so fired up in California... sounds like our Canadian British Columbia this summer.

sounds really scary..

Remember.. what is important.. and that is your lives...

Be safe.. and be wise. Evacuate when necessary and please don't take chances.

to all of you around the fire areas

((((( big hugs )))))) and keep us posted

special K

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

((((((((((((((WIND)))))))))))))))

Thank goodness you emailed me!! I was worried sick. I read in the paper that they think two guys started the fire. Is that what they're telling you guys?

If so, I hope they rot on jail IF they catch them. Grrrrrrrrrr

Yes, like yizuman said...take your computer with you. Or CALL ME!!!!! Even if it's 3am....call....

(((((((((((((CHEVYSNTATS)))))))))))

Be careful. You are in our thoughts.

Love...

April

• mustang
    mustang

sputter, sputter, spits out ash & dusts oneself off...

Yeah, OK, from Orange County; I've seen ash and brown, hazy clouds in the distance before, but today is the first day the Sun has been it's normal yellow self since Thursday morning. It's been super reddish since then. (Smoke filters out most all of the blue light, leaving a reddish Sun).

There has been a burnt smell in the air ever since Thursday morning. This is the worst I've seen in 20 years, for NOT BEING ANYWHERE NEAR "ground zero".

Mustang

• ApagaLaLuz
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana

Confirmed arson in the Grand Prix fire. (MSNBC) Suspicions about the San Bernadino one.

Bastards.....this is sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit