Everyone in CA ok??

by flower 56 Replies latest jw friends

• invictus
    invictus

My heart goes to all of you ,

please do everything necessary to stay safe.I `ll be praying for you and your families.

take care.

Invictus

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi California!

I've been peeking in here a few times each day ... making sure that every one is okay and safe ...

Thought I'd stop and let you know.

There are sure a lot of people here on JWD who care about our California folks!

((((Hugs))))

ESTEE

• mustang
    mustang

Mulan,

I could see the Disneyland fireworks, if I cut down my neighbors tree. It is fine. Today & Monday we have had YELLOW sun instead of the orange glow. There is actually BLUE SKY overhead (does not constitute a "ceiling") instead of the murky, smoky stuff. No part of Orange County (includes San Clemente) seems to have had the fires DIRECTLY, but we are surrounded by them. That is, except perhaps those few miles of Camp Pendelton that aren't in San Diego County. I don't know where the fire on the base is/was.

Mustang

PS, Farkel was in NoCal, last I heard, probably near Sacramento.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Although the sun was shining for a little while today, it has become cloudy with smoke again. Big fires are raging in east county. Last I heard there was only 16% containment.

I'm still at home, but it doesn't look very hopeful outside.

• waiting
    waiting

So sorry for y'all's predicament. Take care.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Mulan, I mentioned in the other thread about the air quality down here though. Have you heard from your son? We had a press release today about almost the entire area being unhealthy to be out in. They said residents should curtail outdoor activities. I couldn't help but think what a 'not good' time to be coming to Disneyland where everything is outdoors. They are really encouraging us to stay indoors and keep our windows shut.

• mustang
    mustang

Farkel is fine and in SACRAMENTO; i just got off the phone with him. He said to give everyone his regards.

Mustang

PS: I stand corrected: Pendleton is all in San Diego County. I just asked the guy who commutes daily from San Diego, North County area.

PS2: We still have blue sky directly overhead, but some murk/haze/smoke around the edges. And, indeed, air quality is not good at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit