Zeb's Memorial Experience

by HiddlesWife 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Even as a witness I could never understand why the memorial was actively promoted and advertised as a public meeting where anyone and everyone was invited to come. I would consider it the most baffling of all the JW meetings and certainly the most alienating in terms of feeling a part of it.

There is no scripture that says Jesus went out and invited as many silent onlookers as he could manage to get to to the last supper.

We would call it a "celebration" - it's not, it's an uptight hear a pin drop boring ceremony/ritual.

It's advertised as a "meal" - it's not, food and wine are offered but you are not supposed to accept.

They act like it's supposed to be some kind of sacred cow meeting when nothing actually happens.

So why make it open?

Then it occured to me that if you get some poor unsuspecting fool to swallow this farce or worse be impressed by it, it's their first act of blind obedience to the WT. The first time they will proclaim "yes yes this makes total sense, the emporah's clothes are beautiful."

• jambon1
    jambon1

Absolutely the opposite of what JW’s will respond to.

I’ve no doubt this kind of action gives the perpetrator something cathartic or produces some sense of justice but it’s definitely not going to reach JW’s in a productive way.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

This is very difficult to watch. How can you hope to help people by disrespecting the most sacred night they have?

The only way I would see something like that making sens would be for a pedophile victim to stand up, point to specific elders, and call them out for trying to protect a specific pedophile brother in the congregation.

Other than that, you might be insulting a congregation that never even dealt with a pedophile in the last 30 year!

• Searril
    Searril

No idea who the guy is who made the video, but it wasn't a very bright thing to do.

All he did was reinforce all the crap that the Watchtower spews. If anything, he more firmly entrenched all those people into buying whatever the Watchtower says.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Parker did a compilation of most of the memorial crashes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-UgEK3UU4&feature=youtu.be

I havent heard of the first guy before but they got pretty rough with him it seems.

The gasps at 2:55 when he drinks the wine crack me up!

• steve2
    steve2

Kingdom Hall crashes divide ex-JWs as no other single issue has. I would never do it myself but I feel more than a little admiration for those who summon the courage to speak out loudly during meetings. The fabric of organizational "unity" is readily ruffled and torn.

Besides, Scripture has Christ entering a temple and not only upturning the tables but loudly denouncing the hypocrisy of the pharisees. Did he succeed in getting individual pharisees to question their behaviour? Probably not.

Sometimes denunciation over injustice is its own end justification - what the audience "do" with it is in their hands. This is not a numbers game.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

he he! Did you see how angry they got when he said " don't reject Jesus sacrifice like the OCCULT"!! Ooo that touched a nerve!

They get angry because they know he is right. I've met plenty passive aggressive JWs who are just Itlching to get physical.

Maybe business cards with links to a few select clips of the ARC (or a 20-min video of ARC highlights and a link to the full 8-10 days testimony of the ARC) and jwfacts.com??

nice idea!

• Listener
    Listener

If they just stuck to the Bible instead of treating the memorial as a recruiting opportunity, they are less likely to have this sort of thing happen.

The Elders are angry that their little show has been interrupted and there's nothing they can do about it until after the fact. It must be embarrassing for them as they generally see themselves with the power in the Halls. Ten men surrounding a person is harassment, fear mongering and intimidation. If the ex JWs crashing is seen as bad then the Elders reactions are worse and it is recorded on video and put into the public arena.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Interrupting or gate crashing any event or gathering is seen as a nuisance no matter how right the person is.

Jesus overthrew the tables in the temple, and the anger of the Pharisees got him killed in less than 3 years.

I remember a poster named Richard Oliver who was seen as a nuisance and got banned from this forum. This forum has its own rules and if you don't follow the rules, you get kicked out.

No matter how right you feel you are about a matter, the men at the Kingdom hall have the complete right to throw you out of the KH if they feel you are an annoyance and a threat.

• Listener
    Listener

Of course the Elders have the right to kick someone out if they find them being an annoyance or threat. Who says that they don't have that right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit