Have Yall Begun Your Christmas Shopping Yet?

by Frannie Banannie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, Acsot! Do what you feel comfy with doing as far as decor and gifts are concerned....and if any dubs happen to mosey into your personal space during the holidays, they certainly won't have anything against feasting! It's what they do best...lol

Frannie B

• morty
    morty

Just bought my boys new electric guitars for x-mas.My oldest boy got a new bass guitar and my yougest just a plain electric.Yes, we have to remorgage the house for them..lol....but it is well worth, seeing their face x-mas morning.Guess I try to make up for what I didnt have....I love x-mas, more then the kids I think......I am just like a kid x-mas morning...

mortons68

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I'm like a kid when it comes to christmas. I love it. The decorations, being with friends, just the spirit of it all. Hard on the budget but it feels good.

I hope to get some xmas shopping done this weekend when I head down to Dallas.

cj

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

No, I have not because in my family we give the presents at 5 December: Sinterklaas (or Sint Nicolaas)

edited to add: but I did finish the design of my X-Mas card

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

i have not started shopping yet, but I have been doing up my own christmas decorations. I made a christmas tree out of pine cones. And I painted a moose and a snowman for my door. And now I am going to start my wreath. I am a last minute sort of person.

Last year on the board we had a christmas exchange. Is anyone doing this again for this Christmas?

I have a great memory but it's short, who was it that started it last year. I think it was scootergirl.

I can't wait for the holidays as I am a big Christmas lover.

Love ya

Orangefatcat...

• talesin
    talesin

CountryGuy

Just throw yourself into it - I experienced that guilt for a long time, till my friends convinced me how much I deserved to relax and have a good time.

I just started last week - no shopping for moi - I used to start in July (believe it or not), and spend months gathering little stuff for folks, but now that I don't have $$$, I usually give art and/or food.

One year, I was totally broke, newly divorced, working about 60-70 hours/wk. I got my bonus check on Xmas Eve morning - went to the mall at noon, shopped till I dropped. What a spending spree! It was so much fun.

Then I went home, spent the rest of the afternoon wrapping presents (with a bottle of wine at my side). Did some deliveries on Xmas Eve (via bus), the rest on Xmas day. Lotsa fun.

Happy, happy!

tal

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I'm like a kid when it comes to christmas. I love it. The decorations, being with friends, just the spirit of it all. Hard on the budget but it feels good.

I hope to get some xmas shopping done this weekend when I head down to Dallas.

OOOOOOOOH, Goody! Me, too, CJ! What a great place to shop!

No, I have not because in my family we give the presents at 5 December: Sinterklaas (or Sint Nicolaas)

WOW, Country Woman! You've got an even earlier deadline than the rest of us!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    i have not started shopping yet, but I have been doing up my own christmas decorations. I made a christmas tree out of pine cones. And I painted a moose and a snowman for my door. And now I am going to start my wreath. I am a last minute sort of person.

Last year on the board we had a christmas exchange. Is anyone doing this again for this Christmas?

I can't wait for the holidays as I am a big Christmas lover.

OFC...sounds like you have a good start on the decor anyway....I think I saw a "secret santa" thread started somewhere on here recently.....I'm a big Christmas lover, too! (smoochies)

I just started last week - no shopping for moi - I used to start in July (believe it or not), and spend months gathering little stuff for folks, but now that I don't have $$$, I usually give art and/or food.

One year, I was totally broke, newly divorced, working about 60-70 hours/wk. I got my bonus check on Xmas Eve morning - went to the mall at noon, shopped till I dropped. What a spending spree! It was so much fun.

Then I went home, spent the rest of the afternoon wrapping presents (with a bottle of wine at my side). Did some deliveries on Xmas Eve (via bus), the rest on Xmas day. Lotsa fun.

Art & food are GREAT gifts, Tal....cause they're more personally thoughtful. What a whirlwind last-minute way to spend Christmas Eve, sweetie! Good on ya!

Frannie B

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

The only gifts I've bought so far are American Girl dolls for my daughters, already got them in the mail and the dolls are soo cute, got a couple of little outfits to go with both dolls, too. I can't wait to see their happy faces Christmas morning. My son wants a Playstation II, so that'll be the next thing I buy. Then I have my sisters,brother-in-law and nephews to buy for and of course, my hubby and a few friends and teachers. Geez, I've got a lot to do still.

I've also been buying ornaments, this is our first year for a tree. I hope its going to look alright, I've never decorated one before, ever. I decided on a theme for my tree- snow and ice- I've found alot of ornaments that look like snowflakes and icicles, so we'll see how it all comes together.

• waiting
    waiting

Frannie,

I've left a pm for you.

I've finished my shopping - and even found a deal for me.

Ebay's a fine place - if you keeps your wits about you. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

My husband thinks all this is a lot to do about nothing. He refuses to buy anything for anybody (so I do it) - but will join in........if I threaten to expose his good side to all. He's getting better at it - and this is what 53 yrs of living in (and fighting within oneself) a cult does to a person. I take back my first part about my husband - he helped me buy tools for a guy last year.....he'll use any excuse to buy tools.

If you can't just throw yourself into the holidays - well, do a little more each year. Not everyone in the world enjoys the holidays either. It's a personal thing.

Happy Halloween

Happy Thanksgiving

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year

waiting - there. now I have that out of the way too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit