Just curious...

by kj 69 Replies latest social relationships

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My mom was assimilated by 2 women at the door when I was 9. Soon the whole family was assimilated as well, except for 1 brother who took off to live with our dad-we did not see him again for about 10 years. I was baptized 2 days after my 12th birthday, under pressure from my stepfather (AKA The Prince of Darkness). Resistance is futile-you will be assimilated!! I've got rid of most of the nanoprobes now, though.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I began attending meeting in utero

• Out At 22
    Out At 22

Born and raised and baptized at 13 y/o....till I rebelled at 22! My parents began studying then baptized, about 2 yrs before I was born.

• Alana
    Alana

I was adopted into a JW family at age 2.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

born and bred in the briar patch.

CZAR

• yesidid
    yesidid

3rd generation.

• kj
    kj

Thank you to everyone for your answers. Pretty much as I suspected- it's easier to swallow the WT BS when it's being fed to you by someone you know and trust (family or good friends). Not to insult anyone who was taken in at the door, it just seems like those are the minority. You all have given me so much insight, thank you for being so helpful.

kj

• sidney
    sidney

3rd Generation, it is quite funny as if I had known my father then I could have been a mormon!!! Don't know whats worse!!!!?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

brought in by family (but they got the same couple to study with me) who themselves were suckered at the door

• maxwell
    maxwell

born in 3rd generation through my father's side. mother came in late teens before meeting and marrying my father. Mother's mother, my grandmother, came in shortly after my mother and a couple of my mother's sisters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit