Demonized objects

by Patrick 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

That is pretty freaky but I am still a skeptic . I thought the demons were busy trying to convince mankind that the UN is our hope for world peace and security . It looks like you may have found a demon slacker there .lol

• Patrick
    Patrick

I don't know? I will ask the rock. His reply.

Spending money trying to rescue oneself from evil is not something I personally do. To consider a person a fool who fails to acquire charms that would protect against evil persons filled with envy is a form of witchcraft, and they strongly believe in protection against evil and other malign contingencies of fate. I too believe in protection, I just do not use charms, amulets, solutions applied internally and/or externally, or those magical devices planted within the home or yard. Others, like Christians believe strongly in these practices of witchcraft. The charms from their spiritual leaders consist mainly of the cross on which Jesus was crucified, blessed handkerchiefs, and gravel that David used in killing Goliath. Amulets are carried about on the person of the believer; they may be hung around the neck, tied on the wrist, placed on the finger, or even tied around the waist. Indeed, these charms are a big industry for those religious leaders, needless to say, people believe them to be efficacious. Christians, write potent verses of the Bible, particularly psalms, along with names of certain angels, spirits and saints, on virgin paper for spells and amulets. A list of potent verses in the Bible can be purchased in their monthly magazine called Faith, and these verses are to be used each day. Some Christians are told to write these verses on paper and carry them about as protection against evildoers. The virgin paper is said to be made out of certain sacred animals skins, like sheep. Muslims do the same thing as Christians only they write potent verses of the Koran, for spells and amulets. Medicines are buried in bottles or pots with the necks protruding just above the ground. Others are hung on the ceiling of houses or on doors. A very famous type of medicine for good luck among the Christians is the horseshoe above the door, then their is the wreath on the door which is strait from the books of witchcraft. Evil can befall a person as a result of fate, filial disobedience, or the violation of the taboo of nature. As explanations for misfortunes Christians make claims that witchcraft is the cause of the misfortune. Thus witchcraft becomes the scapegoat of every misfortune. Finally, witchcraft belief provides a theory of causation as far as misfortune, death, and illness is concerned. Christians blame everybody but themselves because they are of "clean bone." Witchcraft consists of a set of moral judgments, and it helps to reinforce ideas of what is good and what is bad or evil. Christians the last I heard were forgiving the homo-sexual and ordaining child molesting priests; that they were jealous of the witches again; Christians have no spiritual power because it was taken away; and they may try to hurt the witches again, and make new sanctions against witchcraft to help maintain their evil social order. The last conservative Christian I talked to said Witches and witchcraft was the blame for everything evil and they should be burned. The racism teachings of the self righteous Christians is without logic and they don't have any brain cells left. We are dealing with a nation of Zombies who can not think for themselves.

• Patrick
    Patrick

So much for the slacker rock.

• Patrick
    Patrick

More rock wisdom?

Sociologists have written on the general evolution of human society have all stressed that this development, associated with the more complex technology, is marked by an increasing obsolescence of ritual and its replacement by what have been called universal religions, such as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism, which any person can join as a convert, and in which any adherent can join any congregation assembled to socialize. Society rituals are constituted to specific social relationships according to domestic, kinship, sexual, local, or political affiliations of the members of these cults. Only persons occupying specific positions in those relationships can participate, and they do so in terms of the specific ways as pastors, preachers, holy men of their cults. In their rituals, apart from using special symbols in the form of things, words, or actions, they act their specific roles. In their secular life, either directly, or sometimes invertedly as in transvestism, (by women dressing as men and men dressing as women) the symbolic representation of those relationships are hidden and the persons involved in those relationships are blessed, protected, strengthened, to make fruitful the the otherwise successful converts. Analysis has shown that in some of the rituals the enactment of secular sexual relationships involves a statement, in an exaggerated form, not only of the harmonious and unifying aspects of the relationship, but also of the conflicts which reside in them. Foregiveness, is one of the main means by which emotion is aroused, which is then fixed on socially approved values; out of the very conflicts which exist in normal life the value of an ideal of life without conflicts is emotionally and intellectually established by these religious leaders. "God save the Queen" is marked by a high ritualism, symbolic itself, drawing on the same complex of emotions of these universal religions, but not involving the enacting of everyday roles of mankinds needs.

• Patrick
    Patrick

The rock has one more thing to say to Heathen.

Religion is multivocal term whose range of meaning varies in different social and historical contexts. Most definitions of religion refer to the recognition of a transhuman controlling power that may be either personal or impersonal. When I speak of religion power that is personalized, it is in the form of deity, gods, spirits, daemons, genii, ancestral shades, ghosts, or in the likeness of these things. When I speak of impersonal transhuman power it is to be considered a devolution of personal power, as in the case of the mystical efficacy of rites established in illo tempore by a deity or ancestral shade. Since a priest is know more then an actor in a culturally scripted play, it is rarely that priests become anything but puppets to social governments. If they do assume this role it is mainly as legislative reformers of the masses. If a priest becomes a radical he will be labeled a heretic by his former superiors. To the priesthood the office, role, and script are what is sacred, not the truth. Sometimes a priest that becomes radical is called a prophet by his followers because he is "charismatic," and then he sets himself up like a god on the poor mans money. Purely the individual who is a bearer of charisma, is not a prophet. A prophet is the bearer of fear, and broadly held to designate extraordinary powers. He will produce discontinuity in that cultic enterprise which it is the priest's major role to keep in operation. A prophet is the primary decision point either to establish order or change it drastically. He makes a preliminary distinction between total destruction or passive destruction with the capacity to achieve the ecstatic states which are viewed, in accordance with primitive experience, as the preconditions for producing certain effects in meteorology, to move a mountain, to call upon the winds and rain, through a personal communication from a supernatural being. The prophet is not a bearer of charisma and that charisma is artificially produced by self proclaiming priests. Make sure you know who you "call upon," or you may just see "the prophetic break" of the spirit that has no name.

• shamus
    shamus

Woooooo! Look out for the demon rocks!

Sorry dude, I'm not a believer.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I've got something that's demonized too!

• shamus
    shamus

LMAO at Elsewhere!

LOOK OUT! THOSE DEMON ROCKS IS GONNA GET YOU, SUCKA! They're pure eeevil, I tell ya's! EEEEVIl!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO... WOOOO...

• donkey
    donkey

So what?

I am just a confused stupid Donkey, but where is the evidence? I see a picture of a vase that is kinda ugly.

• Patrick
    Patrick

A little sad to think this is a religious site; a gift from the rock to you all.

Variations of the evil eye belief are known throughout much of the world, yet little attention has been given to explaining the dynamics of power. Western Christian religion involving the Almighty God, the Devil, and the saints and angels in Heaven, seem to avoid the basis facts of these powers and declare themselves and their ancestry are of "clean bone," unblemished by social stigma, that they are a "noble people." In contrast to much of the mythology about the evil eye power, it is not really attributed to a person occupying a status of social economic disadvantage. Rather, those people who are believed to have the dangerous power are "chosen children." The real threat of the evil eye is the ever-present possibility of attack. Some people are fearful of even mentioning the evil eye, especially at night, because if they are overheard by the spirit of the evil eye it will become angry and one of the family members may be "eaten," thereby causing sickness or death. A person who is self-righteous are most vulnerable to being "eaten" and the spirit of the evil eye sees fear, worry, or anxiety as potential victims. Therefore, it helps to maintain one's composure when in the presence of the economically disadvantaged, acting naturally as if the disadvantage did not matter at all. Anyone who declares themselves especially good looking or whose child is worshiped as beautiful, or anyone who feels they are extraordinary, should fear the attack of the spirit of the evil eye because of the envy in the economically disadvantaged.
    The process of attack may occur in one of several different manners. Because of the power of the spirit of the evil eye, economically disadvantaged people can call upon the beasts of prey that roam the countryside at night. It is convenient for the disadvantaged to attack a victim in this form in order to conceal his human identity. The spirit of the evil eye controls both the natural and the supernatural forms of animals. So, being in a big city is not going to protect you from the spirit of the evil eye. The people most liable to attack are those who have a bit more wealth than the average, and who are proud of their spoiled children. There are stories that the economically disadvantaged have this additional power gained from the association with the Devil and that creates an illegitimate advantage over those of higher status; but those stories are written by those of higher status. Although their existence is associated with the Devil, their power comes from a different source only questionably related to the Devil, they have what is known as a balance of power, both good and evil. Although there are several versions of a myth, the leaf from an IS plant was used by the Devil to make himself invisible so as to avoid being eaten by the beast sent out by the spirit of the evil eye. The concept of the evil eye is reported throughout Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa, and in so many cultures elsewhere that it may be regarded as a universal phenomenon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit