I preached the 'truth' to an active JW, her jaw is still on the ground!

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi everyone

Well, the best thing about being a fader is that you can still talk to dubs you meet. They think they can us the contact to upbuild you and you use it to plant the seeds of 'truth' which is what I did in this situation.

Last week when I was at the markets I saw a sister shopping and although I normally avoid dubs, I didn't this time. I said hello and she was very happy to speak to me. We weren't best friends in the borg but we had spent some time together with our hubbies. She and her hubby had been Bethelites as well so they are very 'strong' as they say! My hubby had spoken to hers a while back about our situation, but he is very brain-washed and my hubby got irritated with discussing anything with him. I concluded that her hubby hadn't told her too much about our story because it could have made her think and question, and we can't have that now can we??????????

So after the niceties, at first opportunity I jumped in and let it rip. I told her everything that had happened to my child with the sexual abuse and me with the JC and my DF'ing. I told her the elders on my jc were corrupt, the witnesses were lying, the pedophile was let loose to play with other children etc, etc! She was gob-smacked! And almost in tears too! The crunch came when I asked her "What would you have expected me to do if the pedo was putting your child at risk? Should I have shut my mouth as the elders told me to do, and leave it to Jehovah.......................or warn you that he was a pedo because he abused my child and confessed?????????????" She literally had her mouth open and was speechless. I said "would it have made you feel better if he abused your child I'ld said 'well, I knew about him but I was being obedient to the appointed men. Leave it to Jehovah, he will help you and look after the matter, in his time'" NO COMFORT HEY! Then I told her that I would never ever preach and promote an organization that protects pedophiles and punishes the victims. I also told her the borg had problems like every religion has, but they were worst because they promote the spiritual paradise and encourage people to drop their guard and become vulnerable!

She couldn't have tried harder to not look too blown away and shocked..............her face was almost distorted in an effort to look normal! I then said I'ld better keep going as I had alot to do, even out of the borg my life is busy, and guess what?????????? We are very happy too! She hugged me, kissed me and said we should get together for lunch or something.

We'll see about that. I'm sure her hubby will discourage that. But I'm happy to know that I have planted a seed of information in her mind and I also reached her heart because she has children and I made her feel as well as think, even if just a little bit. Layering of truth and information helped me get out, it may help her too, eventually!

Cheer, Bliss (of the preaching class)

• willyloman
    willyloman

That's a lovely experience; thanks for sharing.

• gumby
    gumby

Wow Bliss.......awesome!

We'll see about that. I'm sure her hubby will discourage that. But I'm happy to know that I have planted a seed of information in her mind and I also reached her heart .

I would consider yourself lucky to have been able to say what you said........AND.......get a look like you did of shock, AND, an invite to meet again! You must have felt like a queen! Job well done!

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

I hope you were able to slip in the name of the abuser at large so she can protect her kids!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

SS........................

I hope you were able to slip in the name of the abuser at large so she can protect her kids!

You bet I did..................I even told her who the elders and false witnesses were. Although the pedo has since been df'ed for something totally unrelated to sexual abuse, if he ever comes back she'll know!

I ended the conversation by saying that I didn't care if they df'ed me now because I don't recognise their authority, besides it was more important to me to protect children than the organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I expected they would eventually df me because I am talking!

Bliss

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Bliss.....that was great. Seeds of truth...I like that. (And you didn't do it just to fill out a time card.)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Too cool Bliss!! Way to go!

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

I told her everything that had happened to my child with the sexual abuse and me with the JC and my DF'ing.

I am confused, first you say above you were DF'ed and at the end you say you probably will be DF'ed.

I ended the conversation by saying that I didn't care if they df'ed me now because I don't recognise their authority, besides it was more important to me to protect children than the organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I expected they would eventually df me because I am talking !

SFF

• rocketman
    rocketman

Wow, Bliss, you went to town. Takes courage!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

...Bravo, Bravo....excellent job.....she will always remember who her true "friends" are. The ones that looked out for her and the children. Thank you for being who you are and doing what you do. You are a remarkable women.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit