Quick and vague Memorial invitations

by RULES & REGULATIONS 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Just can't beat the warm personal touch made with sincere interest in people's survival....not. These days it seems they just want to tick the boxes without any personal interaction. Years ago when I first 'joined in', we were encouraged to engage in a conversation and encourage others to attend ' a very important annual event ' which they would find interesting..

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember memorial campaigns where you were i stucted to pretty much handed it over and said "here's your invitation, hope to see you there, bye now" but, that pretty much sums up all their "campaigns" now and the cart work "quick and vague" and "if you have more questions go to the website."

Seems like the GB figure that as far as recruiting is concerned "you say it best when you say nothing at all."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Said they were from R.N.I.B.

(Bible and)Track socie-TEE ?

Could you have caught the end of it, thinking it sounded like R.N.I.B.?

Wow if they are really lying that's some nerve!

• steve2
    steve2

Nothing new under the sun.

Oldies like me remember way back to1973's international convention in which we were urged (told?) to distribute the latest Kingdom News tract (about the imminent destruction of this "wicked" system of things) door-to-door as quickly as possible. A short intro, hand tract to householder, ask them to read it then leave! Bye!

The crowd was abuzz with excitement. Surely this speeded up presentation meant the end really, really was near?! It must be - why else would there be this terribly fast campaign?t!

We flooded the territory when we got home, renewed in our commitment to the "warning" work, zapping around the territory with effifcent zeal.

Ah! The good old days when we wore our youthful delusions with determined pride as we stared at the imminent destruction of worldly governments and religion and could smell the fresh earth of paradise. I swear the end back then was so very chillingly near.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Brothers, wasn't that an excellent witness given by Brother Hit-and-Run?" - Elder at Circuit Assembly

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I imagine he felt like I used to feel...'I hope no one is home because this is really embarrassing'.

• Ding
    Ding

I must really be anathema.

No one ever invites me to the Memorial any more.

I know... "count your blessings."

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I had an invite shoved in my letterbox this morning..no knock. I was home

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Same here Stan, but I'm D'A so don't know if it was done purposely

• bsmart
    bsmart
    This morning my husband got an invite, he hands it to me, says it is for a important meeting next week... The ladies didn't explain it very well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit