Quick and vague Memorial invitations

by RULES & REGULATIONS 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

This morning my doorbell rang. I opened the door thinking it was a package delivery person or local politicians thanking my community for voting in yesterday's election.

There was a middle aged man standing by himself. I open the door and never realized it was a Jehovah's Witness because he was by himself, had no service bag or Bible. I finally figured it out he was a Jehovah's Witness after he leaves and open up the invite. I figured my address was sent by my local elders to this local congregation member to hand deliver this invite.

It's amazing how quick and vague their presentations have become. He never gave me his name or even identified himself as a Jehovah's Witness.

Here is how the conversation went:

Jehovah Witness : ''Hello,I would like to hand you this invite. You can read it and come next Saturday to the address that is on the back of the invite.''

Me : I take the invite not even knowing what he's talking about or what he really inviting me to. ''O.K.,'' Thank You.''

He walks away.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Wam bam thank you mam.

• sir82
    sir82

They aren't instructed to say much - little more than a "here you go, read this".

JWs love the "invitation work" almost as much as they love "cart witnessing".

The less JWs actually have to talk to other people, the more they enjoy it

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

never let them leave without an antiwitness, they've called unannounced, inconvenienced you, give them back some of their own medicine

• steve2
    steve2

Marketing research shows that if you hand someone something immediately upon meeting them, they will automatically and unthinkingly reach out and take it. His spiel might have been superficial but it worked - he got the invitation into your hand.

Marketing researchers will be thrilled that you add further weight to research findings.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

HIT AND RUN Marketing [ with emphasis on Run..........to the nearest coffee bar as soon as you have Blitzed the territory] - Many do love this method at this time as they don't have to hang around and talk - and they feel all guilt-free afterward.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I doubt they were sent specifically to you.- starting about 6 years ago they were encouraging really short presentations for invitations, at least in my neighborhood. It may just be that the territory was too big for them to cover with the invitations otherwise. Locally they'd often go alone to doors (especially the men) and give very short "presentations" and just shove the invitation into the person's hands.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

His spiel might have been superficial but it worked - he got the invitation into your hand.

And the Dubs get to count every one of those as a placement on their monthly report card. YAY! "I had 80 placements to report! I am 'SPECIAL' "!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah talk about vague I was given a leaflet by JWs and they said they were from the RNIB! When did they become so ashamed of who they are?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Invitation for an ancient cannibalistic Ritual, observed in the most funniest way possible. (No body eats or drinks it and passes it around).

I think the person who invited, Knew this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit