Who was it who ''rescued'', or ''saved'' you?

by Beth Sarim 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Who was it who 'saved' me or 'rescued' me? From the Borg?

I point to none other than Cal Lehman and the Towerwatch ministries. Towewatch.com.

The years following the collapse of the USSR and the 1995 generation left a bad taste in my mouth for a long time. Doubt!! That I could not shake. I remember finishing school in the early 1990's realizing that 1914 is soon to be 80 years on. It was thrilling. The 'end' just had to be soon. LOL. Then came that ''weaseling' and 'wiggling' out of that 'generation' time in the 1995 WT. The masthead on the Awake! changed from 1914 to 'about' to replace things. How deflating.

It was Xmas 2006, being bored to death hearing the Christmas cheer all around. Carrols and movies and just internet surfing. I stumbled across Cal Lehman and his Towerwatch.com, Read his testimony, stumbled across his forum( which has now been deactivated) with links to this forum.

I get kind of emotional pointing back to that time Xmas 2006, that no, it wasn't just me with severe ''cognitive dissonance', and I wasn't going nuts. His forum directed me to this site, then reading about Ray Franz' books. I had no idea about such books. Now I have an entire collection of ''apostate'' books. I might not have never about this site, or such books, had it not been for him and his forum.

If Cal Lehman ever reads this, he played an instrumental impact on me. He is a wonderful person.

Towewatch.com

• mickbobcat
  • cha ching
    cha ching

The WT itself, the 2011 October and November mags about 607. No 607 = no 1914 = no 1919 = no GB. Plus the 2nd Finished Mystery that had them counting steps from one printing bindery to another, subtracting steps for the subway = the exact # you find in some Hebrew testament book, and that PROVES this book was from god, or Russell approved. I cried... they were numerologists all along, and I had fallen victim to people playing the shell game.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Two JW elder types arranged a "Bible Study" with me in 1968. I was 21 at the time with little scriptural knowledge or knowledge about the organization. I was clearly in over my head from the start. My Dad came out of his office downstairs, asked if he could join the study and proceeded to turn both men on their heads with the Bible and facts. That's when I wanted to be like him and began my own research into the organization and their interpretive abuse.

Thanks Dad!

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

About 30 years ago I was a passenger in the car and someone at Dodger Stadium had a sign that referenced a WT/awake in 1968 talking about 1975. About 10 years after this point; I actually went to the Bound volumes in a kingdom hall and read the article mentioned above. It was very enlightening. Later I read “Crisis of Conscious” which helped the most! It literally pulled the curtain back on the wizard. “ In search of Christian freedom” and several evil apostate pages helped me. I remember the change engine the generation teaching… That was also a defining moment that helped me redefined my life.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their were some incidences that occurred involving a couple of brothers that were under investigation in a judicial committee that I believed was being handled wrongly and I took the Elders to task about it and threatened to name them if I sent a letter to both WT HQ in America and also the branch here in Australia .

Their knee`s buckled at that point and they compromised with me.

That`s when I knew the religion had nothing to do with GOD when I could intimidate them.In all sincerity I believed one of the brothers should have been DF and I would have accepted that ,but no they just put conditions on him all because of what they feared I was going to do.

Of course previously they tried all sorts of things to change my mind but I wasn`t having any of it.

That`s when I started looking on the internet and first found a site created by Shaun which then led me to Dogpatch / Free Minds , and here I am today.

Thank you especially to Shaun`s site that I started with.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

There was no particular person who ‘saved’ me from the religion. But, you mentioned the 1995 Generation thing.

This was IT for me when this article on Generation came out..No getting away from this fact..I felt sucker punched and knew it was over - in a way that nothing else made me feel up to that point. I knew I could no longer continue in the JW religion and so I planned my ‘Fade’ and walked away a few years later.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I had already left, went completely inactive, but POMI, accepted my death at Armageddon, but wanted a few years free of WT control, holidays, voting, and living a “normal” life. While reading the newspaper one day, I saw a small ad which said, “Jehovah’s Witnesses, how is the Watchtower financed? “. There was a 1-800 number to call, I called it every day for a couple of weeks, finally wrote to the P.O. Box number, within days this kind Christian couple called me and set up a meeting with other ex JWs there, the rest is history. 😀

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

God gave me a brain - I know that people have to have come before they have arrived and thereafter they are present.

Jesus said what Jesus said - I realised Watchtower was messing with the meaning of Jesus' words and that I had been lied to in my Bible study. Watchtower's con trick might be clever but Jesus' words cannot be tampered with. So I credit Jesus and thank His Father, Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for giving me a brain.

https://youtu.be/Ak5hMAzvuFg

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Don Cameron's book "Captive to a Concept" was the nail in the coffin for me. It is an astounding book highlighting the trap JW's are in. "Crisis of Conscience" for sure also helped but Don's book just tipped it for me after I researched as a PIMI elder about the destruction of Jerusalem.

I was challenged by a minister on the doors that 607 BCE was made up by the JW's so I spent 6 months researching it...which left me lurking on here...Cedars website etc and then Don's book was it and I resigned as an elder and a few months later faded never to go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit